• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I need someone with a Mossberg 500 to help investigate a technique. Please PM your cell phone # if you can send/receive texts and pics.

Dave67

Oct 31, 2012
    After reading the post I pulled my 500 out and gave it a try. It can be done, just have to be careful. I was to eject a shell but not pull one from the tube. I did this by pulling the slide back about 95%. It ejected the shell but didn't let one from the tube load. i was able to load one by hand.
    Hope this helps.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Yeah under extreme stress and bad breath distance Hvymax's technique is preferable but for LEO/MIL and hunting when you have time and distance it is possible and preferable to do a single slug changeover.

It WAS the one advantage a Remington had over a Mossberg. Now the Modsberg is the proven superior firearm.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    It is doable not under stress just a little finesse. The Mossberg being inherently better is subjective. Other than needing tools to replace the ejector(on the rare occasion one breaks) I would consider them comparable and even give pimpability points to the 870 over the 500 for mag extensions. Also safety and action release locations can be considerations. The Rem safety is the same as many other guns so you have to think less when operating. That said I have mostly Mossbergs.

bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    After reading the post I pulled my 500 out and gave it a try. It can be done, just have to be careful. I was to eject a shell but not pull one from the tube. I did this by pulling the slide back about 95%. It ejected the shell but didn't let one from the tube load. i was able to load one by hand.
    Hope this helps.

This demands : spent shell, or fresh shell? Spent, you may need that last 5%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom