• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Not firearm related unless you stop by Shooter's Discount but come over to Mount Airy Thursday evening for the Annual Mount Airy Fireman's Parade. It starts at 7:00pm and runs from the fire department on North Main St, runs down Main Street to Park Ave, then out Park Ave to the Fair grounds on Rt 27. Find some sidewalk and see a parade of fire trucks from all around Central Maryland. It's pretty neat.

Then when it's over, don't forget the carnival at the fair grounds. All proceeds got the Mount Airy Volunteer Fire Department.

Lou, don't forget to leave early! Unless you want to be in the "captive audience"! :lol2:

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    All proceeds got the Mount Airy Volunteer Fire Department.

Interesting you should bring this up. There has been swarms of people canvassing the Mount Airy area this past week trying to get enough signatures to challenge the Fire Company's request to rezone the Fair Grounds from "Residential" to "Commercial".

The Rumor going around the neighborhood is that the Fire Company wants to sell the Fair Grounds and the sports fields behind it to a developer. Lots of unsubstantiated talk.... lots of upset people.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Interesting you should bring this up. There has been swarms of people canvassing the Mount Airy area this past week trying to get enough signatures to challenge the Fire Company's request to rezone the Fair Grounds from "Residential" to "Commercial".

The Rumor going around the neighborhood is that the Fire Company wants to sell the Fair Grounds and the sports fields behind it to a developer. Lots of unsubstantiated talk.... lots of upset people.

I believe it. The land is worth a lot more if it's commercial. As residential, it can't be developed because of the water situation. From what I've heard, if they sold it, they would buy another piece somewhere else. The carnival is their major fund raiser.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

The guy on the carnival p.a. speaker Monday night kept repeating the grounds are not for sale and that there are no plans to sell the grounds.

May have just been trying to stop the rumors, but I heard it several times.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    The guy on the carnival p.a. speaker Monday night kept repeating the grounds are not for sale and that there are no plans to sell the grounds.

May have just been trying to stop the rumors, but I heard it several times.

I just brought it up as I've had at least 3 different people come to our door with petitions to sign this past week.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    That's kind of like the Montgomery County fairgrounds being for sale just because we got it rezoned so that it would be more valuable IF we decided to sell it in the future. Trust me, we just spent $750K on a new building. MoCo fair isn't movong in the foreseeable future. Possibly the same deal with the fire dept.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Not firearm related unless you stop by Shooter's Discount but come over to Mount Airy Thursday evening for the Annual Mount Airy Fireman's Parade. It starts at 7:00pm and runs from the fire department on North Main St, runs down Main Street to Park Ave, then out Park Ave to the Fair grounds on Rt 27. Find some sidewalk and see a parade of fire trucks from all around Central Maryland. It's pretty neat.

Then when it's over, don't forget the carnival at the fair grounds. All proceeds got the Mount Airy Volunteer Fire Department.

Lou, don't forget to leave early! Unless you want to be in the "captive audience"! :lol2:

I closed and left the shop at 6 PM that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom