• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    Well, We have all heard or maybe even seen a mountain lion here in Garrett County. But the DNR claims they don't exist in western Md. or the east coast for that matter. (go figure)

I knew with all the trail cams in the woods today, it was only a matter of time before a quality undisputed picture of a mountain lion would be taken is this area.
    Well, as luck would have it, my co worker took this very nice pic of a mature female mountain lion last week just south of Uniontown Pa. I know it is not technically in maryland but I highly doubt this cat knows where the state line is located and stays on the Pa. side all the time.
    The Pa. Game Commission investigated this picture. They also obtained print casting from the area. The game Commission confirmed this picture as authentic and classified this as a confirmed sighting.

Attachments

• rsz_pops_mt_lion.jpg
      rsz_pops_mt_lion.jpg
      16.5 KB · Views: 30,350

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    How did they determine it was a Catholic Mountain Lion?

jorjohn11

Feb 26, 2006
    Anne Arundel County
    I saw two about 20 years ago in WV while hunting. Saw them for several years in a row then finally it went across a field so everyone in camp saw it. DNR didn't believe me either.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Myself and four others saw one outside H-burg, VA about 4 years ago and nobody believed us either.

Where were you? It's mighty crowded down that way these days. I'd love to know where so I could go check it out.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm figuring that this bodes well for eventually seeing one down near the Undisclosed Location (tm). I know there's plenty of bear so there's no reason that a cat couldn't make it down there.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    You're gonna need a bigger gun.

I think 120 rounds of 5.56 and 24 rounds of .45 ACP, my standard load-out if I'm not taking a shotgun, will get 'er done. :D

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I saw one in Little Orleans about 5 years ago. I shouldn't publicly admit this but here we goooooooo.........

So I'm hunting squirel and walking down the stream that is adjacent to the HUGE camp site at the bottom of the hill (Some of you may know what I'm taking about). It's about 10 mins from bills place and 10 mins from the Green Ridge Shooting range.

Anyway I stop to take a piss and place my .22 on the ground along with my backpack. I start peeing when I hear this noise coming from the cliff face behind me. I think to myself, oh cool it's probably a squirel, I'll shoot it when I'm done. Well then I hear a slightly louder thud and when I look behind me there is a Mountain Lion on the other side of the river. It had a rabbit in it's mouth and scared me half to death. I pull up my pants, while still peeing (which was a bad idea) and grab my .22. I shoot a couple of times in the water and it looks at me like I'm an idiot. So I shoot a couple more rounds like 15-20 yards to it's left and finally it starts going up the hill. It doesn't go up the entier way probably only half way up, lays down, and starts eating it's rabbit. I walked back to the truck with a quickly half loaded 10/22 and wet pants.

I know I joke a crap ton on here but that thing scared me. I was affraid it was going get agressive since it had the rabbit in it's mouth.

Oh and little Orleans isn't far from PA at all!

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Son of a....
    I may have to move now...
    I have a rule about being at the top fo the food chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom