• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I used to buy a lot from them as well. They were great guys. They always had a great selection of reloading supplies. I bought the Glock and Kimber signs that were hanging in the store from Clark when they were closing. If it weren't for the horrible boating accident, I would still have some guns I got from there.
    I loved the fact that they were next to a day care. I ran into Clark about 5 years after he closed at OM mall eating lunch. He remembered me and sat down with us. I would assume he has passed by now.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Clark is still living. I ate breakfast with one of his former employees this morning and he said they were meeting for lunch later on.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I bought allot from them back then as well. Nice place. Was big into reloading then.

The good old days! They had a great shop! I just last night finished a box of 500 Hornady 158gr. lead semi wadcutters that came from there. I had written on the box top the price I paid from E & R at the time for reference...........get this......$14.97!!! :lol2:

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    The good old days! They had a great shop! I just last night finished a box of 500 Hornady 158gr. lead semi wadcutters that came from there. I had written on the box top the price I paid from E & R at the time for reference...........get this......$14.97!!! :lol2:

Only back then you said, Holy crap, $14.97?

I can't remember the name of the place but it was located a few miles closer to the beltway on Liberity Rd just a block east of Offutt Rd. it was a very small shop located in the basement undre a barber shop where you had to walk down these steep steps. I remember a big news report back then (I want to guess mid 1975-78) How the shop sold some wepons to some mid-eastern men they found to be suspicious and reported them to the FBI. The FBI grabbed these Iranians trying to board a plane with these weapons at BWI later that same day.

This shop was only open 3 nights each week.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Only back then you said, Holy crap, $14.97?

I can't remember the name of the place but it was located a few miles closer to the beltway on Liberity Rd just a block east of Offutt Rd. it was a very small shop located in the basement undre a barber shop where you had to walk down these steep steps. I remember a big news report back then (I want to guess mid 1975-78) How the shop sold some wepons to some mid-eastern men they found to be suspicious and reported them to the FBI. The FBI grabbed these Iranians trying to board a plane with these weapons at BWI later that same day.

This shop was only open 3 nights each week.

Don't recall that shop. Let me know if you should remember the name. Another poster made mention of E & R as another "blast from the past." I bought a lot of stuff there years ago, and knew their prices on the stuff i used pretty well. That's why the note I wrote on the Hornady bullets out of Mountainside.

Yup.......$14.97! Saw that and didn't know whether to laugh or cry! More like $45 for the same 500 Hornady bullets now. I also have some small amount of$8.25 Bullseye, some $6.99 .30-30 Win. and some $8.99 .30-06 Sprg. Remington factory ammo. Prices held right around that range for a long time in the 80's. My how times have changed as they say..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom