• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G20

Feb 18, 2013
    Guys/gals, we are moving from Rockville to Annapolis in the next couple of months which means I am moving away from my local Izaak Walton chapter which has a nice outdoor pistol/rifle range. I was considering keeping my membership if there were not any places near-by.

Can anyone recommend indoor/outdoor ranges in the area where I can still shoot my pistols/AR's (.223/556)?

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Anne Arundel Fish and Game
    Delmarva Sporting Clays (bit of a drive, but worth it now and then)
    Bridgeville (again bit of a drive, but they have 600 yards, and 1k yards).

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    On Target for indoor, about 20-30 minutes away in Jessup, but no rifle calibers.

AAFG has noise issues, possible limits on calibers or times you can shoot. Maybe Norton will chime in, I believe he is a member there.

G20

Feb 18, 2013
    Thanks for all of the replies.

I am interested in finding out more about AFFG. My Izaak Walton Chapter is only about an hour away, so maybe I will just keep the membership as an alternative.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Consider joining Twelfth Precinct Pistol and Archery Club. We have a 50-yard covered pistol range (rimfire rifles also permitted) and indoor and outdoor archery and air rifle ranges. It is in Harwood, Maryland about 20 mins from the Naval Academy. We are also an AGC club.

http://www.twelfthprecinct.org/

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    AAF&G permits center fire Monday through Friday 10-4 Saturday 10-1
    Rimfire 9-8 daily daylight permitting. We are very active in IDPA, Cowboy and Bullseye pistol

G20

Feb 18, 2013
    http://www.berwyn.org/

Berwyn Rod and Gun is in Bowie but has a waiting list to join. I do not know the length of the list.
    AGC is in Marriotsville, west of Baltimore. Probably the same hour drive as your I.W.

Thanks for the recommendation - facilities looks nice. I submitted my application to at least get on the waitlist.

G20

Feb 18, 2013
    Thanks for the recommendation - facilities looks nice. I submitted my application to at least get on the waitlist.

Never mind, the Rod and Gun Club wants $275 just to be put on the wait-list. :lol2:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    How often do spots open up? Being in Laurel, I've considered it.

Spots open up at the beginning of the year after the renewals have gone out and have been filled out. There is about a 5% - 10% turnover each year.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Never mind, the Rod and Gun Club wants $275 just to be put on the wait-list. :lol2:

The $275 breaks down as $200 initiation/admin fee and $75 for the holding list. The $75 puts you on the mailing and e-mail list and give you access to club activities and shoots without having to pay as a non member.

Most clubs that have a wait list, require you to pay the admin/initiation fee and a small wait list fee.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    There's always Hap Baker in Carroll County. :D

(This is mostly a joke, please take it as such - although I did have friends from Annapolis come up to shoot with us one weekend.)

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Stoney Creek Fishing and Hunting Club in Pasadena.

Public trap Tuesday evening from 5 - about 8 or 9pm. Talk to someone and let them give you a tour.

CZ75

Apr 15, 2013
    Pasadena
    SXS -
    I live in Pasadena, and would be interested in looking at Stoney Creek. Two reasons I haven't yet - I don't shoot skeet/trap, and I don't know any members there. Can you give me a tour?

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    Guys/gals, we are moving from Rockville to Annapolis in the next couple of months which means I am moving away from my local Izaak Walton chapter which has a nice outdoor pistol/rifle range. I was considering keeping my membership if there were not any places near-by.

Can anyone recommend indoor/outdoor ranges in the area where I can still shoot my pistols/AR's (.223/556)?

Lawyers Mall?

Just Kidding. I guess I should of also added the statement "when the Zombies Attack".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom