Moving to FL, buy a MD banned rifle and bring back to MD eventually?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    This just in, MSP and AG are looking for a test case. Anyone in?

Pirate

Mar 20, 2010
    Everyone is trying to get around the law. Do the right thing and once you get out never come back. If I didn't have ties that I couldn't break right now I would be gone with my business in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I'm stuck here for several more years dealing with this nonsense, but one day I'll be gone and never look back.

fatalsports

Mar 4, 2012
    I work as a Defense contractor and although the position in Florida will be nice...more than likely I will be back in the MD area due to the jobs in my field and family in the area.

I just figured if I'm in FL and a legal resident in FL, I may as well have some fun and add to my gun collection...but I would want to be able to bring whatever newly acquired items back to MD if I did come back in a year.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You can always come back to the greater area, work in MD, but LIVE in VA, DE, WV, or PA.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While it won't help with Rifles , you should be able to get handguns not on the Roster , and bring them back. So long as they are not Evil Assult Pistols.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Everyone is trying to get around the law. Do the right thing and once you get out never come back. If I didn't have ties that I couldn't break right now I would be gone with my business in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I'm stuck here for several more years dealing with this nonsense, but one day I'll be gone and never look back.

...... when slaves got their freedom years ago, many went back to their old masters because they didn't know how to live on their own. Here we teach "Freedom 101" to help prevent that from happening.

............... SO fly, fly far away.

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    under what circumstances will anyone who is in a position to 'check' would new acquisitions be revealed?
    How many times have any of us been to the range and had our stuff seized and 'verified' by a govt. agent?
    Buy what you want. Just keep your pie hole shut. Most people end up in trouble because they just don't overcome the need to talk.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Until you get stopped for a traffic violation and they decide they have probable cause to search your car and find it.

They WILL run the serial number.

Like all laws, it is your choice to follow them or not. And if you choose to not follow them, it seems likely that you will get away with it. However, if you get caught, you will also likely be the poster child of the politicians to hammer.

Last edited:

DeadeyeJack

Supporter of Freedom
    Sep 13, 2009
    Dixie
    Again, just use a scintilla of brain power, and there will be no problems. Traffic stop? KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! Your stuff should be in the trunk, out of sight to avoid opportunity thieves anyway. There is plenty of good free info on how to interact with the police on the net. Or you can cry and piss yourself and constantly worry about 'what if', and deny yourself what you want.

GunLvrPhD

Apr 16, 2008
    Falls Church, VA
    under what circumstances will anyone who is in a position to 'check' would new acquisitions be revealed?
    How many times have any of us been to the range and had our stuff seized and 'verified' by a govt. agent?
    Buy what you want. Just keep your pie hole shut. Most people end up in trouble because they just don't overcome the need to talk.

My concern is that at some future date the ATF makes available all gun store records from other states to the MSP.

Many of you don't recall that during the DC Sniper Crisis a dozen years ago, the ATF and FBI collected FFL records in MD and VA, and then showed up at innocent gun owner's homes demanding their rifles for ballistics testing.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Again, just use a scintilla of brain power, and there will be no problems. Traffic stop? KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! Your stuff should be in the trunk, out of sight to avoid opportunity thieves anyway. There is plenty of good free info on how to interact with the police on the net. Or you can cry and piss yourself and constantly worry about 'what if', and deny yourself what you want.

So in other words, ignore the laws. Commit a crime, just don't talk about it and you will never get caught.

Yeap, GREAT advice.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Being on the wrong side of the law is going to be more and more common as Maryland's anti-gun laws become extreme. I think most of us are going to find ourselves there soon.

Do you know anybody who assembled a "High Capacity" magazine repair kit in the state of MD? He's a criminal. As gun laws become more unreasonable they will be ignored and violated. just like speed limits on the highways. Just like drinking in prohibition days. Look at the noncompliance that's presently occurring in NY and CT.

I don't advocate breaking the law. But I see it as inevitable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom