[MSI] Volunteers Needed - Jarrettsville VFW Gun Show (Nov. 16-17)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    IPad have been tasked with spearheading the table for this show, and we are need of a few more volunteers. I am asking some of the MDS members here to help out if they can with outreach at the MSI booth for this first ever Gun Show at this VFW post.

Where:
    Jarrettsville VFW Post #8672
    1714 Morse Road, Forest Hill, Maryland 21050

When:
    Saturday, Nov. 16th (0900 - 1600)
    Sunday, Nov. 17th (0900 - 1500)

The current roster for both days is a follows:

Saturday 0900 - 1300
    1.) Multifaceted
    2.) dogbone
    3.) fishertodd
    4.) '04 Cummins
    5.)

Saturday 1300 - 1600
    1.) Multifaceted
    2.) dogbone
    3.) ShafTed
    4.)

Sunday 0900 - 1200
    1.) Bikebreath
    2.) mr h
    3.) Nikon
    4.) XCheckR

Sunday 1200 - 1500
    1.) mr h
    2.) Brooklyn
    3.) nedsurf
    4.) mopar92

We would prefer that no one have to take more than two shifts. If want to anyway, then I guess that's O.K. :D

We also would like to encourage all attendees to give a professional appearance to our presence. If need be, a medium to dark blue shirt will suffice. Please, no gun logos, and no camo. Tidy matters!

Thank you all in advance!

More info >>here

Last edited:

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    This is a wonderful opportunity to help in several ways.

As mentioned, this show is new. The better the response and overall turnout, the more likely to continue the event in an area needing this.

This is a chance for anyone 'on the fence' about getting [more] involved with MSI efforts to jump in the pool, and learn more about how and why we do what we do to expand the awareness of the assaults 2A is experiencing in MD.

Also, it is a chance to spread the message to people who might not be fully aware of the situations we face from Annapolis, and just how critical it is for us to share the alarm.

If you're available to help, please pitch a hand. If you are planning to attend the show "just to go" stop by and say hello. We're always willing to answer any questions you may have.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    This sounds like a perfect, put-you-butt-where-your-mouth-is opportunity...(but I guess we stand up most of the time :D )

Indeed, I know that I can only sit for so long...

-----------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------

Shameless bump!

All others: Please consider helping out if you are able.

Last edited:

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Indeed, I know that I can only sit for so long...

Shameless bump!

Please consider helping out if you are able.

Dear Sir, I am on the list and was making the shameless bump first :D

I can't stand or sit too long. I'll bet I can lay in that box in the dirt a loooooong time.

We need some hits on this post, so I stop wasting band width...

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Dear Sir, I am on the list and was making the shameless bump first :D

I can't stand or sit too long. I'll bet I can lay in that box in the dirt a loooooong time.

We need some hits on this post, so I stop wasting band width...

Oh, I know. My first sentence was in response to your quote, that latter being my own comments.

My apologies, I should've separated them...

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Come on out and spend an afternoon spreading the word about the 2A struggle in Maryland.
    Meet new people and talk to them about gun rights... sounds like a win to me. :)

Worried that you have no experience doing something like this? We will show you the ropes and be there to support you.

Who knows, you may find out you enjoy it.
    At worst, you spent an afternoon at a gun show. ;)

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Also, something to keep in mind is that if you volunteer, I will add your name to a list which will waive the admission fee. We tend to take turns making the rounds through the tables, so don't be expected to be pinned to the table at all times.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I can do Saturday. It looks like afternoon is more sparse, but could do either (or both) if needed. I did the Howard County show so I do have at least a little experience.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I can do Saturday. It looks like afternoon is more sparse, but could do either (or both) if needed. I did the Howard County show so I do have at least a little experience.

Alright, I'll put you on for Saturday afternoon.... and pencil you in as a maybe for the AM shift as well? ...:D

And thank you, very much appreciated!

OP updated

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I can do Saturday morning. Afternoon if necessary, but morning preferred. BTW, I have no experience with this type of thing at a gun show, but I have electioneered a little bit in the past.

Perfect, thank you - we are now fully staffed for the Saturday morning shift. Please PM your real name so that I can add you to the vendor list so that the admission fee will be waived for you.

It's similar to electioneering in that you try to engage people, but also quite different in that we aren't pushing a candidate or platform. It is outreach, just try to educate people about the new law and what they can do to help the cause. There will plenty there to show you the ropes.

@ShafTed: unless you want to come for the morning shift on Saturday, we are fully staffed - we will only need you in the afternoon. Thanks again!

OP updated!

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Bump for some last minute volunteers!

This is a great opportunity to give back to the community and help educate our fellow gun owners who aren't fully aware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom