• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbowers

Jun 15, 2012
    Found this poll on MSN.com front page

WHAT DO YOU THINK? Romney: I don't believe that America needs new gun laws. The candidate said gun laws would likely not have prevented last week's shooting.

Does the US need new gun ownership laws?

21 % Yes. Tighter laws will lead to fewer shootings. 21,311 votes
    52 % No. The constitution protects the right to bear arms. 52,627 votes
    27 % Maybe, but criminals will acquire guns anyway. 27,591 votes

As an economist I don't put much faith in polling accuracy. I believe that the majority of MSN readers lean left and the timing / framing of the question is slightly biased. Although we all wish it was 100% for option B the fact that only 21% support tighter restrictions is promising.

Unfortunately these results do not keep our politicians from voting as trustees and not instructed delegates.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Found this poll on MSN.com front page

WHAT DO YOU THINK? Romney: I don't believe that America needs new gun laws. The candidate said gun laws would likely not have prevented last week's shooting.

Does the US need new gun ownership laws?

21 % Yes. Tighter laws will lead to fewer shootings. 21,311 votes
    52 % No. The constitution protects the right to bear arms. 52,627 votes
    27 % Maybe, but criminals will acquire guns anyway. 27,591 votes

As an economist I don't put much faith in polling accuracy. I believe that the majority of MSN readers lean left and the timing / framing of the question is slightly biased. Although we all wish it was 100% for option B the fact that only 21% support tighter restrictions is promising.

Unfortunately these results do not keep our politicians from voting as trustees and not instructed delegates.

I say its very promising because of the fact that it is a left leaning site.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I think that I don't trust Romney very much on this particular issue regardless of what he says, however, I trust him more than the alternative.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I think that I don't trust Romney very much on this particular issue regardless of what he says, however, I trust him more than the alternative.
    Ditto. Someone needs to get him to start building AR's and FAL's in his garage like us normal people and hitting the range at least once a week to stop looking like such a mushy metrosexual wuss.

sbowers

Jun 15, 2012

One of the most important things a president does to defend 2A is appoint constitutionalists to the supreme court something BHO has not nor will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom