• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    The way that poll is worded just sucks. Sure, armed students/faculty could confuse authorities, but the shooting is usually over by the time they get there anyway. The pros far outweigh the cons. The second choice should have been "No, students should be required to hunker down and pray that help arrives before they are slaughtered with no means of self defense".

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Should holders of valid permits to carry concealed weapons be allowed to take their guns on college campuses? * 12218 responses

Yes; armed students and faculty could respond to a critical situation immediately.
    61%

No; allowing guns on campuses could confuse authorities in a real crisis.
    39%

"Confuse authorities"? Do they mean, more than usual? Cops are about three times more likely than an armed citizen to shoot the wrong person, because the armed citizen already knows who the bad guy is and the cop who just got there doesn't. "Shall issue CCW" and armed citizens means the cops can go back to what they do best: get there after it's all over, draw chalk lines around (the bad guy's) bodies and take statements.

Also, 30 of the 32 people killed at Virginia Tech died after the police arrived on campus.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    61% yes...has any of these polls EVER gone the anti's way? seems like every single poll ever put up is in our favor. granted they're not considered scientiffic when it's good for our side but u'd think they'd take notice to all the potential votes. maybe we should start a thread to post final results from these polls so we can send the info on to our legislators. be nice to have third-party proof in our favor from a "nuetral" source

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Read through the discussion. The only anti comments are from people who can't put together a complete sentence. The pro comments are reasoned and well thought out. If there was a good reason not to be armed, would any of us be here on this website (mdshooters)?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Read through the discussion. The only anti comments are from people who can't put together a complete sentence. The pro comments are reasoned and well thought out. If there was a good reason not to be armed, would any of us be here on this website (mdshooters)?

us? well maybe not us...but then again we tend to think critically about things and read deeper into what information we're given. they see "make guns illegal and gun crimes will go away" we see "make guns illegal and criminals will be the only ones with guns" or "but they made drugs illegal and we still have plenty of them" or "if we wanted to end gun violence shouldn't we just make murder illegal...oh wait" or "but then how will law abiding citizens defend themselves" or "but it's my constitutional right" or....thats when it becomes necessary to force the fence sitters to actually look at and think about what's being said....they'll eventually come to our side cause the other side is dumb....plus i heard they called you all punks and talked about your momma

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Should holders of valid permits to carry concealed weapons be allowed to take their guns on college campuses? * 17396 responses
    Yes; armed students and faculty could respond to a critical situation immediately.
    72%
    No; allowing guns on campuses could confuse authorities in a real crisis.
    28%

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    us? well maybe not us...but then again we tend to think critically about things and read deeper into what information we're given. they see "make guns illegal and gun crimes will go away" we see "make guns illegal and criminals will be the only ones with guns" or "but they made drugs illegal and we still have plenty of them" or "if we wanted to end gun violence shouldn't we just make murder illegal...oh wait" or "but then how will law abiding citizens defend themselves" or "but it's my constitutional right" or....thats when it becomes necessary to force the fence sitters to actually look at and think about what's being said....they'll eventually come to our side cause the other side is dumb....plus i heard they called you all punks and talked about your momma

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. It's the critical thinking part that I think all the anti's are missing. We wouldn't be part of a pro-drinking and driving website, because everyone knows it is wrong and stupid. But there are good reasons to be armed, among them is the 2nd amendment. I didn't mean for my comment to come out anti, what I meant was that I haven't heard a reasonable argument from the anti's yet. Sorry if that was confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom