• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    ATF director lied under oath the other day. He actually said that the ruled allowed one to simply remove and keep the brace, not "permanently remove and dispose of the brace." ATF has previously said that having a brace and an AR pistol, even if not attached will be treated as possession of an unregistered SBR.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Just got 2 approvals back including one that is less than 29 oal. There is a notification that references the MSP advisory.
    I'm glad I saw this. I think I am gonna register one of my lowers and couldn't remember the magic parts to get it over 29in.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Just got 2 approvals back including one that is less than 29 oal. There is a notification that references the MSP advisory.
    Question:

Was the less than 29" one you got approval for purchased that way or did you build it yourself? Does this matter?

Mike1690

Jan 28, 2016
    Question:

Was the less than 29" one you got approval for purchased that way or did you build it yourself? Does this matter?
    Purchased that way. I don’t think it matters so long as you don’t swap out the brace for a stock but what do I know? I’m just a regular schmuck. :shrug:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have heard the same thing, attaching the MSP letter to the Form1 gets < 29" SBRs approved. Can't put a stock on it unless it's a 22, or you file a form 20 and take it out of state. Might also be a way that I can take some of my SBRs to MD by slapping a brace on it, being I normally couldn't shoot them in MD. Either way I might be inclined to form 1 a braced pistol or two if I was still in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom