• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If you can't get a MD permit, how are you going to carry in other states?

Why would you think that other states, at least initially, would give up the cash cow of NR permits?

And even if those eventually went away Florida, like Maryland, issues permits to non residents, not non resident permits.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I was of the opinion that when out of staters started carrying her, the GA would feel pressure to extend the same rights to residents.

Maybe I'm being naive.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Why would you think that other states, at least initially, would give up the cash cow of NR permits?

And even if those eventually went away Florida, like Maryland, issues permits to non residents, not non resident permits.

That's my opinion. Just because National reciprocity takes effect, doesn't necessarily mean NR permits would stop being issued. And it would allow carry in states that don't recognize some state permits,

Just thinking out loud though.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think states at a minimum would have to weigh the income generated by issuing NR permits versus the savings of not issuing them, ie reduced personnel costs

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I was of the opinion that when out of staters started carrying her, the GA would feel pressure to extend the same rights to residents.

Maybe I'm being naive.

No you'er not naive, you just over estimate the conscience of the MD Dem machine and their willingness to accept citizen carry or citizen firearm ownership at all.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Don't think they would, but you can't carry in all states on NR permits. If people want national reciprocity, I would imagine it would be based on the permit issued by your state of residence.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Don't think they would, but you can't carry in all states on NR permits. If people want national reciprocity, I would imagine it would be based on the permit issued by your state of residence.

The devil would obviously be in the details but even if national reciprocity were limited to permits issued by your home state, if it indeed became law worded as such, the fact that non Marylanders are carrying in this state without blood in the streets would be a powerful indictment of the "wild wild west" narrative.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The devil would obviously be in the details but even if national reciprocity were limited to permits issued by your home state, if it indeed became law worded as such, the fact that non Marylanders are carrying in this state without blood in the streets would be a powerful indictment of the "wild wild west" narrative.

Agreed. There are plenty of examples of how things are not like the "wild, wild West". I have never tied a horse up to a hitching post. lol

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Wow, I'm impressed that you have everything trained to be ground tied , Tim. I always had to tie mine to somthing.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Wow, I'm impressed that you have everything trained to be ground tied , Tim. I always had to tie mine to somthing.

I had a horse once that would "Grass Tie", she loved to eat. You will find the wild wild west is alive and well in Amish country hitching posts are common.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Forgive me guys, new hobby.
    03f0098c2846f5d4584c7d16aa90145e.jpg

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    They started with the Second Amendment next it will be the First and then comes Voting, a "Good and Substantial Reason" for everything you do! :mad54:

Aren't they already doing that? By restricting your 2nd Amendment, you are put at risk to exercise your 1st Amendment rights in certain company.:cool:

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Am I only one who really had no faith in Hogan doing much of anything for the 2A other than being a typical politician aka try to be everything to everyone before election

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Am I only one who really had no faith in Hogan doing much of anything for the 2A other than being a typical politician aka try to be everything to everyone before election

Hopes and dreams. Nothing was ever going to change. We got a HOLD placed on new restrictions. Once Hogan goes it'll be back to the slow descent into NY/NJ/CA/CT prohibitions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom