• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    I'm going to buy two more regulated fire arms, it's going to pissed the wife off big time since I should be doing other things around the house with the money I've saved but I going to go ahead and buy everything i can that shoots bullets between now and oct 1st. the wife might make me live in the dog house for a month or so. But that's ok, I can teach my dog rosco how to disassemble weapons...:D

Yea I'm going thru that same thing with my old lady right now... The 500 rounds of ammo I have being delivered over the next 5 days won't help either :sad20:

Faderhaus

Mar 11, 2013
    Well, I've got 5 regulated firearms in the que from a Ruger .22 Series III to a S&W M&P M.O.E. AR15. The dates range from Feb. 26th to Apr. 3rd. I don't figure I'll get my last gun until sometime in the middle of June. Time frame is running at around 60 days. Blame that Idiot O'Malley - I'm fairly sure he's told the MSP to drag their feet a bit just to have a calming effect. Unfortunately, all it does is further aggrevate people.
    :mad54:

bryangmd

Feb 5, 2013
    Dealer Sale

For those of you that are trying to purchase a few items before October, inquire with you FFL about a Dealer Sale. You can pick up two items but have to wait 60 days for the next purchase. And these days you are going to wait 60 days anyway.

Dealer Sale (No more that two guns and must wait 60 days before next purchase)

http://www.mdgunsafety.com/mspfaq.htm

BTW, I am waiting on 2/15 to come back. My FFL received about a third of the 2/15 back on Friday. I was not so lucky to be part of that third.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    For those of you that are trying to purchase a few items before October, inquire with you FFL about a Dealer Sale. You can pick up two items but have to wait 60 days for the next purchase. And these days you are going to wait 60 days anyway.

Dealer Sale (No more that two guns and must wait 60 days before next purchase)

http://www.mdgunsafety.com/mspfaq.htm

BTW, I am waiting on 2/15 to come back. My FFL received about a third of the 2/15 back on Friday. I was not so lucky to be part of that third.

It's fine to do this, and in the meantime, file for your collector's status to make the 60 days irrelevant.

TheGoodSoldier

Oath Keeper
    Jan 25, 2013
    Silver Spring
    I'm going to file for my collector's today! I figure what I'm going to do is save up money for what ever I can't buy here, give that money to my cousin in VA and have him buy the firearm for himself and keep it at his place but swing by there often too use it myself. lol That's a pretty sound thing to do right? lol

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    Just got this Email from MSP:

Good morning, we are receiving an overwhelming abundance of applications which continue to grow daily. We are currently processing applications dated February 25th for Not Disapproved and February 12th for applications placed on review.Thanks for your patience Rose Brock.

I glad she thinks we have patience.:sad20::sad20:

Last edited:

skibernie

Feb 22, 2008
    Silver Spring,MD
    I almost hate to say this for fear of being accused of enlisting in the tin foil brigade, but I am beginning to think this is intentional.

I understand the surge in applications, but the lack of information from MSP has me wondering about the effort they are putting forth. While I am quite sure they are doing their job, I just am not sure they are doing it any faster or with any more urgency than when the application level was lower.

I might as well put it on . . .:tinfoil:

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    Just pointing out, it has taken them a full week to complete ONE DAY of "on review" apps. (last week they claimed to be on the 11th)

Obviously their standards for what needs review are totally ****ed, since apparently the vast majority of people who apply need review (or the troopers conducting the reviews are literal morons). I have a driving offense on the stet docket right now, so I know mine got flagged.

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    Just got this Email from MSP:

Good morning, we are receiving an overwhelming abundance of applications which continue to grow daily. We are currently processing applications dated February 25th for Not Disapproved and February 12th for applications placed on review.Thanks for your patience Rose Brock.

I glad she thinks we have patience.:sad20::sad20:

sweet jeebus. My ap went in on the 28th :thumbsup:

ob1murry

May 18, 2011
    I stopped in on Saturday with a friend who bought one at the same store on the same day as I did, and we were told they were getting back anything from 2/4 - 2/16 at the time. Both of ours were 2/16, so he checked and said they had 5 out of 11 from the 16th back, but that ours were not in the group they got back.

This is driving me nuts, especially since someone earlier in the thread said they picked their 2/14 up from the same dealer over 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    I did a secondary sale of an AR through MSP Frederick. Paperwork was submitted by MSP (via fax) on 2/28 and we were clearly informed we could physically complete the transfer in 7 days. But, just as an FYI, the "NOT DISAPPROVED" paperwork arrived Saturday 4/13. 44 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom