• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reckless1911

Nov 19, 2012
    Odenton
    Well im extremely happy with On Target, and can suggest anyone looking to do a purchase go there despite the prices. I put in my paper work 6/28 for my pistol and took it home 7/9. Actually could have taken it home 7/8 if I wanted. In the end, I paid more than what I would have paid online with shipping and FFL transfer but I just chalked that difference up as a convenience cost of driving 7 mins down the street to see and make a purchase as well as taking it home in less than 2 weeks.

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    Well im extremely happy with On Target, and can suggest anyone looking to do a purchase go there despite the prices. I put in my paper work 6/28 for my pistol and took it home 7/9. Actually could have taken it home 7/8 if I wanted. In the end, I paid more than what I would have paid online with shipping and FFL transfer but I just chalked that difference up as a convenience cost of driving 7 mins down the street to see and make a purchase as well as taking it home in less than 2 weeks.
    I've been there once before, the salesman had an air of smugness about him and I haven't been there since, that was about 5 years ago, guess I could give them a try if they're honoring our 2A rights

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    Are they charging normal MSRP or inflated prices? I'm in sales myself, convenience and a place that actually honors my 2A rights is worth MSRP. Inflated prices and greed are not though.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    I've been there once before, the salesman had an air of smugness about him and I haven't been there since, that was about 5 years ago, guess I could give them a try if they're honoring our 2A rights

They are much friendlier than that. I got there when they were just opening up. I went on the firing range, came back and they were still breaking out stuff. They noticed I was waiting and asked if I wanted to see anything in particular. I said what I was looking for and they broke those models out next, even though it wasn't next in the order. They took their time showing me various models. I thought that was good salesmanship.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Shop manager at shooters discount better get on the phone with rose at msp then, they are up to 4/2- 4/3 2nd reviews. Freestate was getting paper work back from up to April 6th on Monday.

Its my understanding that the owner, Lou, does his 77R via USPS and not faxed. This is probably the reason why his dates are a week slow.

Domino

Feb 22, 2013
    Calvert County
    MDSP website still indicates they are reviewing apps received on 4/08. Does anyone have a better update. My app went in on the 11th and I am still waiting to hear. My FFL is not releasing early.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    they were almost done with april 9th applications as of yesterday. I called, I was a 4/9, I was in the last (? not 100% certain) stack to be processed on her desk.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Other than the handling/routing of paperwork, I'm not sure what the differences are but I just got the ND paperwork back from an MSP private sale transfer in 32 days.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    they were almost done with april 9th applications as of yesterday. I called, I was a 4/9, I was in the last (? not 100% certain) stack to be processed on her desk.

Called today. I'm now in 2nd review hell. She says they're (still?) on 4/4 for 2nd reviews. /sigh
    on my way to 100 days+

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    They are much friendlier than that. I got there when they were just opening up. I went on the firing range, came back and they were still breaking out stuff. They noticed I was waiting and asked if I wanted to see anything in particular. I said what I was looking for and they broke those models out next, even though it wasn't next in the order. They took their time showing me various models. I thought that was good salesmanship.
    I have no doubt that it was an isolated incident, just left a bad taste with me, but I'm actually gonna give them another chance
    Purchasing for a Christmas present? :)
    So it seems lmao

Peartree

May 25, 2013
    Mt Airy
    Anyone know what F**king day MSP is on for initial review? I tried to call the recording and it's from last week and so is their web site...This sucks!

U2999

Jul 14, 2013
    I happen to have first-hand knowledge and have observed the backlog the Licensing Division is currently working through. I know that some of you are frustrated, wonder why some take longer than others, and what's happening behind the scenes. I don't have all the answers but I can tell you this:

The Troopers that are completing the investigations are under a tremendous workload, almost all are working overtime weekdays and weekends in an effort to keep up with and get ahead of the tide. I've seen the stacks of files that must be organized, processed, etc and its anything but chaotic..but the process does take time. There are endless stacks, piles, and filing cabinets of applications they have to work through. please also know that there ARE many people that are disqualified from purchasing/possessing firearms attempting to get their paperwork through, who DO fail the checks, and are being investigated and prosecuted as a result. They count on shortcuts being taken, Is not being dotted and T's not being crossed and them slipping through the cracks as a result. I can tell you now, with the Troopers working there and their thoroughness despite the unending workload..that is not going to happen. They eat lunch at their desks, work VERY long workdays, and have absolutely no personal issues with a law-abiding citizen receiving their firearms nor do they arbitrarily pick and choose between applications or single people out.

In closing I want to say that I've read through most of the pages in this thread and I feel extremely proud, as a fellow citizen, of your patience and understanding for what can sometimes be a long process. Please know they are working as hard as they can and appreciate your patience as well.

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    I happen to have first-hand knowledge and have observed the backlog the Licensing Division is currently working through. I know that some of you are frustrated, wonder why some take longer than others, and what's happening behind the scenes. I don't have all the answers but I can tell you this:

The Troopers that are completing the investigations are under a tremendous workload, almost all are working overtime weekdays and weekends in an effort to keep up with and get ahead of the tide. I've seen the stacks of files that must be organized, processed, etc and its anything but chaotic..but the process does take time. There are endless stacks, piles, and filing cabinets of applications they have to work through. please also know that there ARE many people that are disqualified from purchasing/possessing firearms attempting to get their paperwork through, who DO fail the checks, and are being investigated and prosecuted as a result. They count on shortcuts being taken, Is not being dotted and T's not being crossed and them slipping through the cracks as a result. I can tell you now, with the Troopers working there and their thoroughness despite the unending workload..that is not going to happen. They eat lunch at their desks, work VERY long workdays, and have absolutely no personal issues with a law-abiding citizen receiving their firearms nor do they arbitrarily pick and choose between applications or single people out.

In closing I want to say that I've read through most of the pages in this thread and I feel extremely proud, as a fellow citizen, of your patience and understanding for what can sometimes be a long process. Please know they are working as hard as they can and appreciate your patience as well.

we are not upset at the troopers, but the administration for lack of manpower
    as in a business the staff should be adjusted to meet the need

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom