• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    I finally got the call for my interview for my ccp today. It's been a long time coming, but glad it came.

Can anyone tell me how long you had to wait to get their decision after the interview?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I finally got the call for my interview for my ccp today. It's been a long time coming, but glad it came.

Can anyone tell me how long you had to wait to get their decision after the interview?

I was interviewed the Friday before Memorial day and I'm still waiting.:sad20:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    This was a few years ago but I recieved my permit about a month after the interview.

And in the last few years I've read of people who waited 5 months for a RENEWAL, proves how streamlined and efficient the whole process is.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Yes I did apply with a reason.
    Yes, but was it a "good and substantial" reason? Need lots of proof and back-up for your reason. Many people I talk to feel they have a good reason for CCW, but have nothing to back up there reason except there own feelings and beliefs.

I applied begining of 2/2012, interview 4/16/12, received permit 5/25/12. I mailed in a 15 page application packet that included copies of all court documents, photographs, notarized witness letters, 3 reputable references, and a notarized and very detailed letter explaining my reason for persuing a CCP. The more detailed and thorough you are the better your chance at success. At my interview the MSP told me that you cannot provide too much information. The more info the better.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    Yes, but was it a "good and substantial" reason? Need lots of proof and back-up for your reason. Many people I talk to feel they have a good reason for CCW, but have nothing to back up there reason except there own feelings and beliefs.

I applied begining of 2/2012, interview 4/16/12, received permit 5/25/12. I mailed in a 15 page application packet that included copies of all court documents, photographs, notarized witness letters, 3 reputable references, and a notarized and very detailed letter explaining my reason for persuing a CCP. The more detailed and thorough you are the better your chance at success. At my interview the MSP told me that you cannot provide too much information. The more info the better.
    My reason is sound, and well documented. I will have additional information that I will be taking with me when I go that has come out since my application was submitted.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I'm still at a loss as to why I need a reason. I served over twenty six years did four combat tours and ended up a 100% disabled vet for it. I think I did my fair share to protect and defend my 2A rights. Maryland is one f$%ed up state. Free State my ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom