• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Good news, what took them so long? I find this line humorous:

"Black said the licensing division anticipated an increase in sales following the school massacre and discussions of toughening gun laws began, but didn't foresee how many Maryland residents would want to buy firearms in such a short amount of time."

If they thought this surge was big, they ain't seen nothing yet. If anything passes I predict the MSP will be swamped all over again.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    "The Maryland State Police will not sacrifice speed for safety"....

Ummmm.... o.k....... :rolleyes:

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Too little, too late.

MD needs to be sued over the wait times. A blanket 7 day wait for everyone is not acceptable to begin with (arbitrary) and the current delays are that much worse (capricious). If NICS can do it in 3 days with most responses coming instantaneously, MD can too.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    If they thought this surge was big, they ain't seen nothing yet. If anything passes I predict the MSP will be swamped all over again.
    Until October - if this BS legislation passes (and I'm fairly sure it's going to, in some form or fashion) sales will dry up as soon as licensing fees, fingerprinting, etc, go into effect. I'm going to try to acquire at least one more handgun and a stripped lower before that happens, but after that, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay a fee and be fingerprinted like a criminal just to exercise my 2nd Amendment right. I know that this is what the state wants, but as Bongino said at the rally, "how many government lists do you want to be on!?"

Mudd-Kat

Mar 3, 2013
    To reduce the backlog, Black said, the licensing division has been using people from other units and is working to approve 60 new staff members.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I do believe that if Owe'Malley's planned abridgement passes Annapolis, there will be a lot more people deciding to make sales illegally FTF, rather than going the legal route and risking getting on a list where the MSP and our criminal pols can come for our guns (like David Dinkins in NYC).

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Too little, too late.

MD needs to be sued over the wait times. A blanket 7 day wait for everyone is not acceptable to begin with (arbitrary) and the current delays are that much worse (capricious). If NICS can do it in 3 days with most responses coming instantaneously, MD can too.
    I suggested that, but it didn't go over very well.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I suggested that, but it didn't go over very well.

You started a thread about suing MD and MSP and your FFL over the wait time.

Suing the State of MD in federal court for infringement of 2A is one thing. It will take years and cost you a boatload but has merit.

Also suing MSP and your FFL is a road to nowhere, if not an outright fool's effort. It's like suing UPS for taking too long because your ammo order had to ship from the west coast by ground instead of by air.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Why do we need to upstaff MSP (at a co$t of million$) when we can simply fully implement NICS as it was intended?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    MD law has to change first. Don't count on it, since MD is awful about reporting criminal data into NICS, probably by design.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Why do we need to upstaff MSP (at a co$t of million$) when we can simply fully implement NICS as it was intended?

Because MD refuses to fully work with NICS ... even though it was suggested by proposed amendment to the current bill ... pure politics

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    You started a thread about suing MD and MSP and your FFL over the wait time.

Suing the State of MD in federal court for infringement of 2A is one thing. It will take years and cost you a boatload but has merit.

Also suing MSP and your FFL is a road to nowhere, if not an outright fool's effort. It's like suing UPS for taking too long because your ammo order had to ship from the west coast by ground instead of by air.

I never said anything about wait time in that thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom