• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Ok, am officially a member of the 60+ club today.

Bought powerball tickets, feeling lucky :D

*** THE IRS motto is inherent ***

C-130_MAC

May 3, 2013
    Originally Posted by mdbayboater ..... So what happens if you pay for it, shipped to FFL and then MSP disapproves the transfer?

........You're probably SOL. The FFL will keep the transfer fee because of services rendered and if you bought from a dealer, they'll probably have a steep restocking fee.........

Can the FFL purchase the firearm from the disapproved buyer? Like if its a HOT selling IWI TAVOR? (and it made it into MD?)

W McCollum

May 16, 2013
    Columbia, Maryland
    Constitutional Firearms has made a decision to force the issue with respect to MSP having 7 days to make a negative finding or approval is assumed. I too got a fast track approval from them while my wife was still waiting for approval from another shop for a purchase made weeks before mine. I don 't know if they do it for everyone or just for people who have a positive track record with them.

W McCollum

May 16, 2013
    Columbia, Maryland
    I asked the MSP why the long delay last week. The story I got was that they are receiving 750-900 applications a day and they are working as fast as they can, but they are serious about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

I asked how many applications out of those thousands have been disapproved. The response was "several." I pushed my luck and asked how many of those were criminals. The response was a deafening silence.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I asked the MSP why the long delay last week. The story I got was that they are receiving 750-900 applications a day and they are working as fast as they can, but they are serious about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals.

I asked how many applications out of those thousands have been disapproved. The response was "several." I pushed my luck and asked how many of those were criminals. The response was a deafening silence.

Did you ask them why they didn't think this may be the result, back in January, when the turd was put in the bowl?

Come on! It's been almost 6 months of this. I have seen whole projects stood up in less time, fully staffed with 100 people, hardware in production...

*** THE IRS motto is inherent ***

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Originally Posted by mdbayboater ..... So what happens if you pay for it, shipped to FFL and then MSP disapproves the transfer?

........You're probably SOL. The FFL will keep the transfer fee because of services rendered and if you bought from a dealer, they'll probably have a steep restocking fee.........

Can the FFL purchase the firearm from the disapproved buyer? Like if its a HOT selling IWI TAVOR? (and it made it into MD?)

Not to deflect your point, but actually, the IMI TAVOR is NOT REGULATED- cash and carry- pass the call in check, pay and walk out with it. I actually saw one at 2A sales - it was gone when I went back for something else ,but then they had an FN SCAR- also cash and.
    carry- I was tempted.
    Unfortunately after 1 Oct, the TAVOR will be banned because overall length is less than 29 inches...unless some can be brought in with pinned muzzle brakes- or pinned flash suppressors. The SCAR will have to either sport a muzzle brake instead of the suppressor, or loose the folding feature of the stock to stay off the banned list and remain unregulated.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    The SCAR will have to either sport a muzzle brake instead of the suppressor, or loose the folding feature of the stock to stay off the banned list and remain unregulated.

It is listed in the owner's manual as a compensater. That would make it a muzzle brake.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    they had an FN SCAR- also cash and carry- I was tempted.
    Speaking as a 17S owner, pull the trigger. Then upgrade the trigger to a Geissele and pull it faster :D

Not Regulated - but don't you still have to pass a background check for it?

Cash and carry means that you walk in, pay cash, they (your FFL) call FBI/NICS office directly and on approval at the end of the phone call, you carry out your rifle. There are probably more unregulated long-guns that regulated, but all handguns are regulated.

I've done this with several while I wait for my friggin handguns. PS90, FS2000, SCAR17s, etc. Apparently I'm an FN whore as the last handgun I submitted was the newly rostered FNX-45...

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012

I dont see a criminal putting there name an social on paperwork thats going be turned into the police when they can just buy a gun out of someone trunk. But hey thats just me....

ED O

May 18, 2013
    Lusby
    purchased a Sig P250SC 9mm on 4/13 at MSAR, so I guess I have another month or two before I am picking it up :(

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I just had (2) Springfield XD9's (9101's) shipped to Bass Pro from a store in PA.

One will be for me and one will be a birthday present for my son.

I don't even want to start the paperwork because I know the wait is going SUCK.

My last pick-up was 39 days back in January. What is it now? 75-80 days?

In the not-so distant future, someone will be starting a "3 month wait and counting" thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom