• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    I would think scanning the finish pages would take longer than just dropping few pages in the fax, dial, then send. Then theres people im sure they would not want there social # sent through any type electronic means

Why do you have to have papers in the first place?

If you need a signature they have those credit card things at every register you go to now a days.

Faxing can be considered an electronic means so they should be just as worried now

May 11, 2013
    Hagerstown
    This is just ridiculous? WTF

5/23 @6:59am email sent to MSP asking if my application from 3/16 had went to review yet.

5/29 @10:57am MSP Replies Good morning your application should be completed, I will check the status and give you an update.

5/29 @11:54am I replied with "thank you this will be greatly appreciated. I called my FFL and they said they have not received any paperwork yet."

5/29 @2:37pm MSP Replies "did you read my email?"

5/29 @3:30pm I replied "Yes of course i received your email stating "it should be completed and you will give me an update once you check the status, why is there something im missing?"

Have not heard back since... WTF?

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill

5/23 @6:59am email sent to MSP asking if my application from 3/16 had went to review yet.

5/29 @10:57am MSP Replies Good morning your application should be completed, I will check the status and give you an update.

5/29 @11:54am I replied with "thank you this will be greatly appreciated. I called my FFL and they said they have not received any paperwork yet."

5/29 @3:30pm I replied "Yes of course i received your email stating "it should be completed and you will give me an update once you check the status, why is there something im missing?"

I have read over your convo a couple times and I am lost! WTF lol

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013

Hahaha, when I did some customer service work, I had times where I was overwhelmed with hundreds of emails, answering several messages at once, and I'd accidentally send out an email to the wrong person. That's probably what happened.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Why are they even using a fax machine.... whats wrong with computers, secure emails. Do they not use computers to do background checks or is it all written files?

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.....plus there are programs that allow you to scan and fax from your PC. Hopefully they are implementing such technology but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah it makes you wonder if they never implemented new technologies into their background checks and this is one of the reasons they take so long.

They sure as shit use a computer to run your info and print you out a ticket when it involves something for them

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I was filling out a job ap for my new state. Heres one of the questions:

2nqyy4y.jpg

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Look at the MVA. Stuck in the 70's as far as technology goes. They still mail things to you via snail mail. MSP technology is badly broken. No reason an FFL cannot have a direct link to MSP via secure circuit or VPN.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    They sure as shit use a computer to run your info and print you out a ticket when it involves something for them
    Of course. If they are going to take something from you, its an instant process with the most modern and cutting edge technology. A traffic stop with no flags takes less than 7 minutes, oddly enough about the same length as a phone call to NICS.

When it is time to GIVE you something, it can take 2 weeks to 6 months. Anyone still waiting for their tax return?

Look at the MVA. Stuck in the 70's as far as technology goes. They still mail things to you via snail mail. MSP technology is badly broken. No reason an FFL cannot have a direct link to MSP via secure circuit or VPN.

Not if you sign up for electronic delivery notifications. I got my notice to renew my tags via email. Obviously they hand to send the registration card via snail mail, but still. The MVA is marginally one step ahead of MSP in processing info.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA

That costs money, and not one-time setup money, but on-going maintenance money. (Even something like the MSP becoming its own Certificate Authority and issuing user security certificates for use with HTTPS would be pricey - and that's riding on things like modern browsers, the internet, and SSL... and it's STILL a pain in the bullet button. My employer does this for certain services, with extra things like roles and entitlements and permissioning. I'm now the 'backup developer' on it.)

It's an awesome idea, but I'm not sure I want to know where the money for it is going to come from.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Well the current system is badly outdated, so bad as to be near broken IMO, so what's the solution? We need something. How about letting FFL's contact NICS? Oh wow, that's a great idea with no added expense to us. Wish I had thought of it.

commiezapr

May 13, 2013
    Bethesda
    That costs money, and not one-time setup money, but on-going maintenance money. (Even something like the MSP becoming its own Certificate Authority and issuing user security certificates for use with HTTPS would be pricey - and that's riding on things like modern browsers, the internet, and SSL... and it's STILL a pain in the bullet button. My employer does this for certain services, with extra things like roles and entitlements and permissioning. I'm now the 'backup developer' on it.)

It's an awesome idea, but I'm not sure I want to know where the money for it is going to come from.

Since Maryland just signed so many new useless gun control measures that will require more money to enforce, that means they have extra money lying around right? :lol2:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Not if you sign up for electronic delivery notifications. I got my notice to renew my tags via email. Obviously they hand to send the registration card via snail mail, but still. The MVA is marginally one step ahead of MSP in processing info.
    Why does it have to be mailed to you? Why can't you print it out and save the expense? Like I said, stuck in the 70's. If you can take a picture of a check and send the image to your bank for deposit, MD should be able to use this technology too, instead of wasting money on amnesty, no death penalty, and all the other crappola causes they love and waste millions on., while delivery half assed crappy services to citizens.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    So has MSP always been a POC ?
    Who in Annapolis made it to where as we need to go through NICS + additonal background check information?

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    With this new finger printing law coming imagine what kind of cluster f*** it will be like then. They really need to change the way they are doing this before they throw more crap in the mix. Oh yeah don't forget mite attention to health records too.

goalie098

Trigger Monkey
    Oct 18, 2010
    Finksburg, MD
    just picked up an M&P .45 and a 1911 from Atlantic in Silver Springs. 75 days exactly. I have two more waiting at Bollingers Gunsmithing I they submitted on the 29th of March. I bought 4 guns in March when I got my bonus. the two above and two single action pistols for Cowboy action shooting. I have a shoot Sunday so i guess I will be borrowing guns again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom