• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    This kind of crap makes me sick. I see law abiding citizens being denied their right to get their weapons under the existing laws. Anything longer than 8 days is completely unacceptable. I'd check with your FFL to see if they'd release your weapon to you, especially if you cleared your NICS under "Not Disapproved". This is just another tactic from MOM to deny lawful citizens their right under the Bill of Rights.

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    This kind of crap makes me sick. I see law abiding citizens being denied their right to get their weapons under the existing laws. Anything longer than 8 days is completely unacceptable. I'd check with your FFL to see if they'd release your weapon to you, especially if you cleared your NICS under "Not Disapproved". This is just another tactic from MOM to deny lawful citizens their right under the Bill of Rights.

there is no answer for a nics until the msp paperwork comes back.
    an ffl cannot run a nics on a regulated firearm

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013

Now I have to ask, I wonder what is the backlog, or even current wait time in hours for all the gays in CA that are rushing to apply for a marriage license now that DOMA was struck down by SCOTUS? I'd imagine a lot of them grabbed their car keys as soon as the ruling was handed down, so what would the outcry be if they had to wait 4 months from submission to receiving the paperwork for their marriage license?

MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Wasn't the case with my last transfer. Dealer did the NICS right at his place - ND, dropped paperwork at MSP same day. Talked with him after a few weeks of the MSP's ridiculous waiting times and he told me to come and get it. All other transfers after this one - he said I can pick up on the 8th day.

MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    SCOTUS DOMA Ruling

Appeals Court re-constituted the processes post SCOTUS in record time - less than 72hrs.

Now I have to ask, I wonder what is the backlog, or even current wait time in hours for all the gays in CA that are rushing to apply for a marriage license now that DOMA was struck down by SCOTUS? I'd imagine a lot of them grabbed their car keys as soon as the ruling was handed down, so what would the outcry be if they had to wait 4 months from submission to receiving the paperwork for their marriage license?

jjfcars

Jan 25, 2013
    cecil
    100 days July 12th. PAC-lite barrel, 22lr. I don't want it before then, want this to keep going just to see how long it will take.

Grits

In God I Trust And Live
    Jul 12, 2012
    Frederick
    Wasn't the case with my last transfer. Dealer did the NICS right at his place - ND, dropped paperwork at MSP same day. Talked with him after a few weeks of the MSP's ridiculous waiting times and he told me to come and get it. All other transfers after this one - he said I can pick up on the 8th day.

Unless concessions are made or some other changes to the process or law, you will end up with two NICS numbers for the same weapon. Then what? That's still the problem and why some FFLs won't touch it.

Pip

May 2, 2013
    Baltimore
    I'm actually surprised I got the call, I've been fingerprinted by the FBI for a background check and was arrested/PBJ about 7 years ago so I just assumed I was going into 2nd review so I'd be another month away.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    I'm actually surprised I got the call, I've been fingerprinted by the FBI for a background check and was arrested/PBJ about 7 years ago so I just assumed I was going into 2nd review so I'd be another month away.

Same here on the first part, but not on the second part. There ain't nobody with my same name in MD case search and I used my SSN on all the apps. I don't expect to go in to review, but I wouldn't be surprised given the luck I've had since January. I'm almost expecting to find out my FFL did not ever send my app or "lost it" during processing....again.

C210INF

May 25, 2013
    Maryland
    How about just CLEO signatures for class 3 items. Does anyone know what the time frames are for those? It has been about a month (little over) since I dropped mine off at Pikesville's office. Thanks in advance for any info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom