• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    I called Atlantic Guns (Rockville) yesterday and they said they've only released one May purchase. Apparently, they're still in April. Has me a little worried about the 10/1 deadline.

Go in and ask for Dave. He's a big guy you can't miss him. Explain to him and if need be go elsewhere. I like that place, I get great service, was told about 14 days last week when I asked about a purchase I was contemplating.

BabyCAP

Jun 5, 2013
    MoCo, MD
    Buy the cheapest 22 rifle they have in stock is my advice.

Yep! I agree with the above. If you are nervous go this route and have a conversation in advance to confirm the .22 background check will allow early release.

Last time I was in there they had a real nice Mag Research .22. NOT CHEAP but pretty sweet. good luck:):)

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    120 days for Mom, MD / MSAR sucks. My actual mother, not Owemalley.

For those bad at math, she filed 5/1 and did go to secondary review. I filed a day after her so wonder when I'll get my call?

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    No, they won't. When my first double ND came back, I told them I was now a DC and would I be able to pick up everything at the same time since I am obviously ND according to MSP via the paperwork they have in their hand while they are on the phone talking to me. They fed me some bull that they can't release the other stuff because if they get audited before the paperwork comes back on the other stuff then the amount they have in the store won't match the amount of guns they have "on the books".

Yes that makes absolutely no sense since I would have signed the paperwork for the rest of my stuff saying it was transferred and is now in my possession, but whatever.

Also, if you have not already gone there, you might consider putting it off until Thursday (what is a few more days after ~100 right?). I had asked them about the HQL and current customers being forced to go through more hoops because they won't release under the law and they said they "may re-evaluate the situation" after their training session with BATFE/MSP on Wednesday. I'm almost 120 days in to waiting so I really could not care less if they start releasing on-time this Thursday or not as my legitimate paperwork is literally right around the corner, but if they do change their policy, it will help those currently in the queue abandon that store much faster.

From my dealings in the past, they refuse to seek out information regardless of how many people tell them something is true. They will wait until the information comes to them, even if it is a day after hell has frozen over.

You are so right about MSAR. They are the worst. If, as a customer, you question their position and ask them about their reasoning they get offended. It is clear that they have not reasoned out their position, they have not read anything on the issue of whether they can release, they have not reached out to the ATF. They have not done anything. But if you question why they won't release they will literally get angry. I had two of the guys in there actually start raising their voices like it was something personal. I had to remind them that I am the damn customer. I purchased my non-regulated Sub2k that I had had transferred there from an Arizona dealer, walked out the door and never looked back. you could not pay me to ever set foot in that dump again.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    120 days for Mom, MD / MSAR sucks. My actual mother, not Owemalley.

For those bad at math, she filed 5/1 and did go to secondary review. I filed a day after her so wonder when I'll get my call?

So I took my mom to pick up her two tonight. She wanted me to go with her to make sure everything was correct and she was actually getting what she paid for. After 4 months in waiting, it can be easy to forget. Her paperwork was put in 4/30 and came back 8/28 and was stamped "Not Disapproved" accordingly.

So while I was at MSAR, I thought I would ask if my paperwork was there too, even though I had never been contacted by them and was still waiting to hear from Ms Brock if my paperwork had been completed since she told he I had gone to secondary review. What comes next (at least from what was said in my head) would make the Devil blush. Turns out my paperwork had come back - Oh Happy day for me too right? They hand me the paperwork to look over and it is indeed stamped "Not disapproved" just like my moms, except the date is marked July 8th.......:mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54: x infinity.

That's right folks, had I not gone there to ask, or if I had called and asked and got the "wrong person", I may have never received my two firearms. Looks like for whatever reason, I "slipped through the cracks" and never got the phone call to come pick up. I guess the owner or gun manager decided I should wait indefinitely. If anyone has been following my dealings with MSAR, several months ago, I had to seek out the MSP auditor and have him officially say that my SCAR17S and my FS2000 were not regulated and he called and told MSAR to release the rifles as such. I guess this didn't sit well with the owner/manager and they decided to screw me over as much as they could.

I kept composure because the one completing my paperwork most likely had nothing to do with what I believe transpired behind the scenes, so there would have been no point jumping down his throat. In the end, I have the last bits of my firearms out of MSAR, so I am officially done with that place.

I was told that they will transfer anything you are waiting for to any on-time dealer of your choice, provided you pay the shipping fee. You just have to find a dealer that is both releasing on-time and willing to take a transfer that already has papers on it. Good luck to you all as I'll never set foot in that place again.

VAFarmboy

May 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Me:Hello,

I was looking at the webpage for applications for initial reviews and noticed it has not been updated since 8/23/2013. For applications for initial review what day are you on?

Thank You,

MSP:Good Afternoon,

We are currently processing applications dated 05/15/2013. Thank You.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    So apparently my 5/2 app was ND on 8/16 and wasn't faxed or something. Emailed MSP last week and when I didn't hear anything by today I contacted them again. Lovely.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    April 24, 2013 paperwork faxed to MSP
    September 3, 2013 got the call I'm ND.

FAR too many days!
    Jim Smith

ps Still waiting for my other paperwork to clear. Dealer did say he MAY start doing early release because of all the uncertainties.

ameridane

Jun 5, 2013
    I spoke with Ms. Brock on Thursday last week. She informed me that MSP were processing 4/27/13.

Today I've called Ms. Brock again several times. She told that MSP suspended her access to applications. I do not know if that is a permanent thing or just temporary? All attempts today to get my second review status was to no prevail. Every time I asked to talk to someone my phone call was disconnected.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    I emailed and found out about an hour or two ago that my May 8th application was ND'd 4/26/13 (not in second review). Right now I'm in post-ND fax purgatory.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    I spoke with Ms. Brock on Thursday last week. She informed me that MSP were processing 4/27/13.

Today I've called Ms. Brock again several times. She told that MSP suspended her access to applications. I do not know if that is a permanent thing or just temporary? All attempts today to get my second review status was to no prevail. Every time I asked to talk to someone my phone call was disconnected.

Their dates are literally all over the place. From my post above, I put papers in 5/1, was told I was in secondary review on 8/26, but when I went to the shop with my mom after she got her call for paperwork submitted on 4/26, My paperwork had been sitting at the gun dealer with a stamp of "not disapproved" from 7/8/2013. So my FFL was purposefully holding on my app a full 2 months after they received it back.

Yes that does mean that the NICS had expired when I took my rifles home. They also did not make my mom buy or show a bore lock to her two handguns. Fast and loose they shall play. Survive after 10/1 they may.

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    The Maryland State Police have changed the web page that the firearms applications status is given. Here is the report from Aug. 30th.

You can no longer do a copy and paste of this information. So here is the information:

Initial reviews: May 12, 2013. Secondary Reviews: May 3, 2013. Applications Received: 85,141. Current Backlog: 38,217. Applications Processed: 46,924.

ameridane

Jun 5, 2013
    I'm a happy camper today. I called MSP to ask about my app. I was told that they processed my app yesterday on 9/3/13. Long story short about the waiting time with MSP:

Bought 4/27/13
    Faxed to MSP 5/5/2013
    ND on 9/3/13
    Faxed ND to FFL ????
    total of 130 days still counting and waiting. New record???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom