• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Just picked up mine yesterday. 1/21 start date. I must say buying a gun is not fun between Md bs and bad attitudes from ffl dealers. I guess if they hate their job so much the new laws coming will be a blessing,just saying.

You're going to the wrong shops then. I go to the places that I do because of how great they treat their customers. I may be able to save a couple bucks at other places, but I know I'll get taken care of where I go. Look through the ip section, I'm sure you'll be able to find an improvement.

Waitwhat

Feb 19, 2013
    Just picked up mine yesterday. 1/21 start date. I must say buying a gun is not fun between Md bs and bad attitudes from ffl dealers. I guess if they hate their job so much the new laws coming will be a blessing,just saying.

You need a better ffl then lol. When I went to pick up mine last night everyone was very friendly and helpful.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    You're going to the wrong shops then. I go to the places that I do because of how great they treat their customers. I may be able to save a couple bucks at other places, but I know I'll get taken care of where I go. Look through the ip section, I'm sure you'll be able to find an improvement.

I agree. I love The Gun Shop, they are extremely fair and understanding. I understand it's probably annoying for all FFL's to have the phone ringing all day, especially from some people who have been waiting 10 days and "want their gun or money back." That said, if it were up to the shops we wouldn't be in this mess, it's the MSP who cannot keep up with the applications. The process needs to be fixed, but the gun shops are taking a lot of the brunt/anger/frustration while their hands are pretty much tied by the MSP process.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

spank308

Jul 24, 2012
    I've run a business for 14 yrs. If I talked to customers the way I've seen with venders and ffl dealers I would be out of business. I can be stressed with my business but do not ztake it out on customers. I've seen this before all hell broke loose. It looks like I wont ad any guns to my collection anyhow.

Unodeuce

Feb 22, 2013
    Rising Sun, MD
    Whet down to visit my purchase. Had to go down to Easton on business so figured I would drop in to see what was going on. They told me that they would get nothing for days and then got 14 back in one day. They were dated 15th thru the 21st. I guess the MSP wait until they get a batch for the same FFL and then send them. Maybe easier to hit the redial button.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I ran in WAY later than I should have ot freestate last night with my brother and we did our FFL work for our lowers, and short of some well deserved flak for how late we came in, they knocked them out and got us on our way in no time.... , guess now we wait 6 weeks or so!

JustCuz

Non-Expendable Citizen
    Aug 25, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    Friday is nowhere near the end of the process. The senate may not make its final vote until March 6 ...

... The fact that they keep stretching things out (pushing votes back on the calendar) is proof that WE ARE WINNING

I was right there with you, feeling much the same way, until the Senate passed its bill last night. I'm still hopeful, but it's clear that a lot of these lawmakers are blindly supporting the Governor's agenda. Let's hope we get some attention from the House.

Dave67

Oct 31, 2012
    73 millon in taxes and 400 jobs will leave, they didn,t care. A news outlet reported that Beretta informed their employees that they will be leaving the state.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Whet down to visit my purchase. Had to go down to Easton on business so figured I would drop in to see what was going on. They told me that they would get nothing for days and then got 14 back in one day. They were dated 15th thru the 21st. I guess the MSP wait until they get a batch for the same FFL and then send them. Maybe easier to hit the redial button.

:lol:

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    When I did my paperwork 2 days ago, they said they were just getting back ones done on the 18th... sooo, Big Pimpin, you should be like, today!

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    Got the "Not Disapproved" call today from The Gun Shop.
    Did paperwork on 1/19, 3/1 is just one day short of 6 weeks.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    Got the "Not Disapproved" call today from The Gun Shop.
    Did paperwork on 1/19, 3/1 is just one day short of 6 weeks.

It seems like the MSP have been stuck in that week for about a month now. They must have gotten a boatload of forms from 1/14 thru 1/20. Hopefully the logjam will clear soon.

I'm 2/1, so I've still got a while to wait. :sad20:

skibernie

Feb 22, 2008
    Silver Spring,MD
    Has MSP given any indication of the numbers they are receiving on a daily basis recently?

I saw the numbers in the letter from Capt. McCauley on the 13th, but I am just curious if they release them on a regular basis.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    73 millon in taxes and 400 jobs will leave, they didn,t care. A news outlet reported that Beretta informed their employees that they will be leaving the state.

Given that a few member here would be affected by this and they haven't spoken up, I'm gonna take that 'news report' with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom