• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County
    Dear Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation:

Due to an increase in work activity, I am seeing a delay of up to 6 weeks beyond April 15th, for filing my taxes. Please rest assured that I am taking great measures to mitigate these problems as best I can. I have recently bought the latest TurboTax software, and even upgraded the Windows 3.1 computer used to run my tax software to make the processing even faster. I have brought on my two year old to assist in understanding Maryland Tax Code, however, it will take some time to get her up to speed. You will be happy to know that this is done all without expense to the state and taxpayers.

I seem to have misplaced some income that I've made last year. Please send that money again, and I will be happy to process taxes on that income first.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. I apologize if this inconveniences you, but this remains a "your problem" issue.

Regards,
    clymber

:lol2::lol2:

bones2586

Living the madness
    Jul 14, 2011
    SoMD
    Just entered the over 40 club.:banghead: Getting a little punchy...

_________DRAFT____________

Dear Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation:

Due to an increase in work activity, I am seeing a delay of up to 6 weeks beyond April 15th, for filing my taxes. Please rest assured that I am taking great measures to mitigate these problems as best I can. I have recently bought the latest TurboTax software, and even upgraded the Windows 3.1 computer used to run my tax software to make the processing even faster. I have brought on my two year old to assist in understanding Maryland Tax Code, however, it will take some time to get her up to speed. You will be happy to know that this is done all without expense to the state and taxpayers.

I seem to have misplaced some income that I've made last year. Please send that money again, and I will be happy to process taxes on that income first.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. I apologize if this inconveniences you, but this remains a "your problem" issue.

Regards,
    clymber

_______DRAFT________

:lol2::lol2: +1

bones2586

Living the madness
    Jul 14, 2011
    SoMD
    Funny thing... When I bought my pistol, S&W offered a rebate for military members. Said it would take 6-8 weeks to get it back to me. Anyone wanna run some action on which I get first? The gun or the rebate??

Took advantage of S&W rebate program a couple years ago...rebate came with a nice coin, as well as an invite to tour S&W's facility. Was up in western Mass a few months later, spent a few hours touring. Some neat stuff for sure! Highly recommend the factory tour for anyone who can make it!

:cool:

TheKidd

Feb 21, 2013
    In 5 hours I will officially be a member of the "40 Day Club". It's a club I would rather NOT belong to...

TheKidd

Feb 21, 2013
    By the way...NRA has a deal until April 16 th for a lifetime membership for $300.00
    By way of a cheaper than dirt email I got. It's a great opportunity if you aren't already a lifetime member.

WiseOldMan53

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    Frederick MD
    Got the call Friday night, so Jan 22nd to March 1st.

Dink

We really need to keep hammering this point. If a 7-day waiting period takes five to six weeks, what the hell does licensing, fingerprinting and training have in store for us?

Or, get the gun grabbers to admit that this is really what it's all about.

Dave67

Oct 31, 2012
    You will need to be fingerprinted and licensen before you can do the paperwork. Then you have to wait.
    I though only criminals were printed.

Rn110rn110

Dec 18, 2012
    Rockville
    Just had a little irritating visit to Atlantic on Rockville. They wouldn't look at their approval stack from the weekend...they also had a ton of ammo, but they wouldn't sell it yet.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Just had a little irritating visit to Atlantic on Rockville. They wouldn't look at their approval stack from the weekend...they also had a ton of ammo, but they wouldn't sell it yet.

Please elaborate. Did they give a reason on either counts?

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    36 days, I really am somewhat amazed I didn't get a call yet. I really didn't want to believe it was this bad, its only going to get worse I would assume. Seems a bit crazy to me, if we are at 40 days+ wait, who knows how much further this can grow to.

Rn110rn110

Dec 18, 2012
    Rockville
    Please elaborate. Did they give a reason on either counts?

I went in there to buy some targets, etc...

I buy ammo in there every 3 days or so. I simply asked if they could possibly check what came in this weekend, as I was in the store (I submitted the 23rd of jan) I waited for all the new customers to go before asking.

I was told they will call me when they go through everything, which just seemed a little annoying.

I was also told that the ammo boxes would go on the shelf later, and to come back in a few hours. Stupid...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    "Irritating visit to Atlantic Guns" is redundant. It should just be "visit to Atlantic Guns".

As for the ammo, that actually slightly makes sense; they might need to put it in their inventory system first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom