• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPCuco

Mar 7, 2013
    I heard somewhere that there are lawyers looking into these long waiting terms saying the state police are just sitting on them

I will not be surprised to see many class action suits pop up all over in a matter of time. Although , MD has had the CCW matter in federal court for over a year and still nothing has changed sooo.....i dont think its a matter if them sitting on apps because of O'Malleys new Gun control bill because even if that gets ironed out tomorrow, it still wouldnt go into law until 10/1/13 so I think thats a conspiracy theory! The wait time is what it is because the system they had implemented works but its flawed because they didnt plan on 60,000+ apps to be processed between 12/12-2/13. Only so many people during the normal 7 day waiting period processing apps and the system they have is not all digital. They still rely alot on paperwork so that just adds more human error to the process. All this technology in the world and they use computers to enter you in the system but not for the rest of the process. A simple email to a dealer would suffice saying that Joe Blow is approved. "IF"this new law gets passed then they will not have to worry about changing the system that works for them now because less people will buy firearms having to subject themselves to criminal treatment(IMO).

COMD88

Mar 12, 2013
    I wonder how that person who got a CCW permit and went and bought a gun for the purpose of "good substantial" reason must feel. I wonder how that person feels knowing they bought a handgun to protect theirself from a direct threat they had to give on the MSP app. And they can't even get their firearm in a timely fashion. Criminals get their guns from a friend for 25-50 bucks and receive it within seconds and here all of us who follow laws and do the right thing have to wait a quarter of a year. That's ridiculous. Then all the criminals with illegal handguns and charges with the handgun only get a slap on the hand and a free pass. Sorry folks just venting it angers me so bad to see our rights get trampled on. I guess we will have a soda sugary drink ban next too.

EPCuco

Mar 7, 2013
    I wonder how that person who got a CCW permit and went and bought a gun for the purpose of "good substantial" reason must feel. I wonder how that person feels knowing they bought a handgun to protect theirself from a direct threat they had to give on the MSP app. And they can't even get their firearm in a timely fashion. Criminals get their guns from a friend for 25-50 bucks and receive it within seconds and here all of us who follow laws and do the right thing have to wait a quarter of a year. That's ridiculous. Then all the criminals with illegal handguns and charges with the handgun only get a slap on the hand and a free pass. Sorry folks just venting it angers me so bad to see our rights get trampled on. I guess we will have a soda sugary drink ban next too.

I cant agree with you more!!

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Then all the criminals with illegal handguns and charges with the handgun only get a slap on the hand and a free pass.

That's because we have Democrat politicians who just so happen to be criminal defense attorneys, so they go easy on the criminals, to make sure they always have clients (and voters).

Dave67

Oct 31, 2012
    We haven't seen anything yet. Just wait until we have to be printed to a license to buy anything. This is were the real wait times will begin because we will be waiting on the feds.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    Please stop calling MSP unless you are past the dates people are posting here. You are slowing them down even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom