• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Screwatts

Feb 5, 2013
    Eldersburg
    This is getting crazy I've been waiting since 1/31. I've been really patience too considering I was told by my FFL when I bought the gun my 7 day wait would probably be 21 days

EPCuco

Mar 7, 2013
    Hypocrite.

Ok. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions... That being said, show me something that I EVER posted about calling MSP if your paperwork was completed 40+ days ago. I have said since the beginning and still say if you are not sure of when your stuff was faxed. Find out. If you have been waiting 40+ days from that time, then call MSP. ANYTHING less is a WASTE of everyones time. I think my current wait time is day 43 so....... I dont see anything hypocritical on the issue. Please, if you find where I ever said something different, I would like to see it. I have constantly since day one said NOT TO CALL MSP unless you are 40+ days in waiting.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    My FFL said my paperwork was faxed to MSP on 2/9, putting me at calendar day 37. I'm not even going to call my FFL until day 40, and after that won't call MSP until a few days after my FFL tells me he got just about all of the other paperwork from 2/9 back. I would rather the folks at MSP work on cranking out non-disapprovals than answering the phone.

2much2do49

Feb 25, 2009
    Salisbury, MD
    I just called (thanks for posting the number). My paperwork was forwarded on 2/6 and was just approved 3/15, if that helps anyone. Trooper was EXTREMELY nice and helpful. He said my dealer should have the NICS, and that he could call to get the number if he didn't so I could pick it up.

I thanked him for being a good sport about it. I couldn't imagine the number of calls they must be getting.

EPCuco

Mar 7, 2013
    Let us know how that works out. I didnt know that the dealers could actually call and get that # , I thought they had to wait to receive it from MSP because they were the only point of contact in MD with the FBI???

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Let us know how that works out. I didnt know that the dealers could actually call and get that # , I thought they had to wait to receive it from MSP because they were the only point of contact in MD with the FBI???

Pretty sure he meant the FFL could call the MSP to get the number.

Likeki

Mar 8, 2013
    Just got my call from Pasadena Pawn and Gun. My paperwork is back. Headed out the door to pick it up my new Sig Sauer 2022 9MM. Purchased on 2/6.

jwatts

Feb 27, 2013
    Elkton
    just talked to Jacks Gun Works and he is getting back applications for 2/1-2/4. They just started coming in today. He has about a third of the apps back from the gun show that he was at that weekend.

2kxj

I'm your huckleberry
    Jan 25, 2013
    Flohrville
    Well gents, purchased 2\1 just got the call a few minutes ago.... Now to get back to MD on the 28th from my business trip

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom