• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RAC

Mar 10, 2011
    MD
    Have any other DC's out there made a multi-firearm purchase and had their application come back not-disapproved later than other purchases made the same day? Just curious. :innocent0

I have 1 on my 2/12 app & 2 on my 2/14 app , still waiting for both apps .

Does anyone else find it hard to believe there are 500 new applications per day going to MSP?

Yes .Thats just :crazy: talk .

JustCuz

Non-Expendable Citizen
    Aug 25, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    I'm a designated collector and probably going to purchase several regulated firearms before 10/1. Rather than buy them individually and starting a fresh application for each one, I am considering buying them all at once, and only adding one more application to MSP's paperwork. Of course, if they get one application for the purchase of five regulated firearms, maybe I'll get extra special attention?

Have any other DC's out there made a multi-firearm purchase and had their application come back not-disapproved later than other purchases made the same day? Just curious. :innocent0

I have quite a few items that I am waiting on, all from different times. One is a handgun that won't be on the roster until May. So, after I fill out paperwork for that one, I plan on calling in and speaking to a Trooper I've worked with on some things in the past and asking how they are handling apps from collectors. I won't be asking for special treatment; my stance will be, "It doesn't make sense for the MSP, who are already back-logged, to do 5 background checks for one person when they could be done with 5 applications all at once." I want to hear their reasoning why they insist on doing it separately. If they say, "It wouldn't be fair for others who made purchases before your last one if we moved you up," I'll remind them that re-conducting the same background check for me 5 times makes EVERYONE wait 5 times longer than if they did it all at once.

To me, this seems like a no-brainer.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Accurate Gun and Pawn in elkridge has a sign up that says 8-10 weeks for approvals now.

images

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I have quite a few items that I am waiting on, all from different times. One is a handgun that won't be on the roster until May. So, after I fill out paperwork for that one, I plan on calling in and speaking to a Trooper I've worked with on some things in the past and asking how they are handling apps from collectors. I won't be asking for special treatment; my stance will be, "It doesn't make sense for the MSP, who are already back-logged, to do 5 background checks for one person when they could be done with 5 applications all at once." I want to hear their reasoning why they insist on doing it separately. If they say, "It wouldn't be fair for others who made purchases before your last one if we moved you up," I'll remind them that re-conducting the same background check for me 5 times makes EVERYONE wait 5 times longer than if they did it all at once.

I see the flaw with your argument...YOU'RE USING LOGIC! That will surely lead to your downfall. :facepalm:

I still have time to figure out how I'm gonna sequence my buying and look forward to more input.

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    Does anyone else find it hard to believe there are 500 new applications per day going to MSP?

I have no problem at all believing this number. The buying of all the stock on the shelves in late December and January was only picking off the low hanging fruit. As on-hand stock disappeared people got industrious and started working the internet and having them transferred in (haven't a couple of IP's cut off transfers due to lack of storage space?). Then you add the wave of purchases as people apply and receive collector status and the numbers are only going to grow -- until there is literally nothing left to buy. The trooper handling collector apps did more in 3 months than all of last year. I'm sure than hardly any collectors are only buying 1 or 2. When I was at a local FFL a couple of weeks ago to complete the papers on a purchase they were holding until my collector was approved - the clerk said they had one customer who had over two dozen regulated purchases in their storage room (mostly transfers) just waiting to send in the apps after his collector designation came through.

My best guesstimate is that the delay is growing by a day every two days.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012

They have no incentive to streamline this process other than out of the goodness of their heart.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Got a PILE of 02/14s today.

Also some from earlier dates that had been blacked out by MSP on previous fax forms and I guess got caught up.

edit....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom