• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSJ

Sep 16, 2011
    MD
    Finally got the call on my purchase from 2/28. I picked it up yesterday, 4/20. Still waiting for purchases on 3/11 & 3/27.

SSJ

Sep 16, 2011
    MD
    Also, just a heads up, while I was picking it up, I overheard one of the clerks behind the counter telling a customer they had received a letter from MSP saying by May the wait could start hitting 100 days.

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    Day 62, waiting for a 2/18 purchase - and then a couple others that I don't even remember now. I stopped by 2A after a class at Dukes Defense on Saturday and they showed me the sheet that my purchase was on -- all were not disapproved except for mine and another one that went to officer review purgatory. Hopefully just another day or two -- but I've been saying that for 2 weeks

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    Also, just a heads up, while I was picking it up, I overheard one of the clerks behind the counter telling a customer they had received a letter from MSP saying by May the wait could start hitting 100 days.

100 days? I can't see them falling that far behind that soon. At least I hope not! I just landed three Stag Arms lowers and was waiting for all three to come in to file the papers.

I can't imagine having to wait over three months for a purchase! Do you realize what that does to the seller? They tale partial payment, then have to store that inventory for all that time. Wile stored, that is money they don't have to invest in new products to sell! The small shops are going to start closing up! I know our local shop had to seriously increase transfer fees to cover the storage costs!

The wait is one thing, but the impact to the community is going to start to hurt if it doesn't already!

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Thanks for the info, SSJ. I'll give them a holler tomorrow.

100 days doesn't seem too unbelievable right now. I just hope my collectors form goes through soon! Sent it in almost a month ago.

TheGoodSoldier

Oath Keeper
    Jan 25, 2013
    Silver Spring
    I'm apartment shopping in VA right now so I can move as soon as my semester ends here....this is some serious BS man....what ever happened to that "Won't take longer than 60 days" stuff they were spewing before? I really don't think that people are getting THAT level of insane paperwork back-up...are they?

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    I can't believe some of you guys are still waiting on 2/20. I got a call on April 11 for my 2/20 purchase. Sounds like I won the lottery. I wonder why there is such a big difference in approval times for stuff that was submitted at essentially the same time? Maybe this is like the grocery store where you hope you get that one clerk who moves along instead of the pokey one who takes twice as long to do the same work? I have another one in the pipeline from earlier this month and am planning to put in for at least two more before Oct. 1 (don't tell the wife).

Foxhound_61088

JHP 230gr
    Mar 24, 2013
    Wicomico County
    Im beginning to think that its some how been plotted out. Once October 1st was discussed by our "superiors" & planed to go in effect; its now showing in our waiting process. Funny how days just keep backing up and up. As if there trying to keep gun hobbyist from buying a large amount from now to October 1st. Dont get me wrong im sure there are lots wanting to buy now more then ever really. There trying to keep us from over buying and or hope we get so discouraged that once we do get an 85 day wait gun that we just say the hell with it not buying another. But come on ppl if this was any thing else on the market it would be blown out on news and people would get answers and see a difference. All im saying is if we are really pissed and concerned why not take it to the news & ask the msp what they plan on doing to speed things up. Imho i believe they wont & dont care to pick up the pace. They look at us causing this. Ugh its late. I needed to ramble. Keep ur heads held high and keep doing what we love to do!

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL

Thats wrong. MSP needs to be disapproved and get out. Let someone else do the job they cant.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Im beginning to think that its some how been plotted out. Once October 1st was discussed by our "superiors" & planed to go in effect; its now showing in our waiting process. Funny how days just keep backing up and up. As if there trying to keep gun hobbyist from buying a large amount from now to October 1st. Dont get me wrong im sure there are lots wanting to buy now more then ever really. There trying to keep us from over buying and or hope we get so discouraged that once we do get an 85 day wait gun that we just say the hell with it not buying another. But come on ppl if this was any thing else on the market it would be blown out on news and people would get answers and see a difference. All im saying is if we are really pissed and concerned why not take it to the news & ask the msp what they plan on doing to speed things up. Imho i believe they wont & dont care to pick up the pace. They look at us causing this. Ugh its late. I needed to ramble. Keep ur heads held high and keep doing what we love to do!

I agree!

There CANNOT be that much of a backup. Theres not enough products out there for it. Many shops dont accept transfers anymore. Theres no excuse for it.

Where can we go with it?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    It appears there are two possibilities:

1. A first time purchaser becomes a victim :(. This one is sad and I truly hope never comes to pass.
    2. A shop sues for damages (storage space at capacity, can't do business/sell any more).

Both will require court action, since neither the executive nor legislative branches in MD are seemingly interested in resolving the wait times.

Next time there is a law proposed that imposes a wait time on firearm owners, we need to make sure a limit is explicitly stated for the State... Lesson learned

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom