• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Bought 3/13, nothing yet, and I don't anticipate an "under review". You guys will be the first to know when I get the text (other than me).

I didn't anticipate going into review either, nothing in my past to raise any flags, but I got it anyway. hopefully your luck will be better than mine. my only guess is that one of the databases was down when the civilian did the initial check on mine, which automatically throws it into the review pile.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Bought 3/13, nothing yet, and I don't anticipate an "under review". You guys will be the first to know when I get the text (other than me).

I didn't anticipate being put in review and yet here I am in review on Day 70 waiting. No record, first gun purchase ever, and prior military. Who'd have thunk?

Scarab

RoKKboXXer

Feb 27, 2013
    Catonsville
    Waiting on a 3-11, and was told I was under review because of a common last name. After a little research, less than 3000 people share my last name in md. Thats out of a population of 5.8 million.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Thanks! Not the answer i wanted but none the less, it is an answer. I understand his reasoning and it is his shop so he reserves the right. Was just being optimistic that i might be able to finally get lucky and bring my baby home LOL! Thanks again!

And it's your right to shop somewhere else that releases early. Certain gun stores will flourish, some that choose not to will fail. That's capitalism.

Scarab

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Waiting on a 3-11, and was told I was under review because of a common last name. After a little research, less than 3000 people share my last name in md. Thats out of a population of 5.8 million.

I assume you gave them your SSN. So... How does that work exactly. You have a common name but not common SSN... I hope

grovescamp

Jan 28, 2013
    I'd be very curious to know what percentage of applications go into the review pile. I seem to be seeing a whole lot more posts about reviews, and not nearly as many NDs.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I don't get the whole "one of the databases was down" excuse. If that were the case, wouldn't they just wait for it to come back online? Otherwise they'd be sending every single application to review. Talk about incompetence.

Retired Navy - Last handgun purchase G30 ACP .45 two years ago - waiting on a S&W .500 - going on day 58 and counting. Also waiting on FFL transfer approval for an Osprey - forget how many months that's been. Dealer says they are just now seeing NDs from 8 March submissions, but also seeing 28 March. Guess the stack fell over or something.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    When you picked up your last two, were you advised then why they went to review? Or is it the same old song and dance...common name, hair cut too short, cloudy skies, etc...

No idea. The last time, my name was crossed of the ND paperwork (fax) that MSP sent back to the FFL while everyone else on the list was approved. A week later my name came through on another group of faxes.

Not a common name at all, SSN on the forms, citizen since I was born, DC, C&R, Fed worker, clearance forever, bought several guns a year over last few years, Utah CCW is inbound. Ive been checked out by so many agencies I should feel violated. Sad fact is, the only place I was allowed to Conceal and/or open carry was IRAQ. I guess I had a "good and substantial reason"

1 speeding ticket last year. 36mph in a 30. that must be it....Im a hellion! or maybe its my blue eyes and grey hair... :cool:

Honestly I wasnt paying much attention before, but seems everything Ive ever bought took about 10+ days to come back even last year and year before. That seems mostly normal. This year, straight to the review pile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom