BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    is this the processing dept?

monkeys.jpg

Bang1964

May 3, 2013
    Ellicott City
    probably 4,000 - 4500. Yes the Kriss is cash-n-carry along with the FN SCAR, Sig 556 (and the like), AR15 HBAR and a number of other semi-auto rifles that are not specifically named on the current banned list.

That is crazy, under $2000 is the price. I have seen it on gunbroker for under $1700.

Morpheus

Apr 18, 2013
    Less than one week for one app day worth of reviews?!?!?! Insane! Is one officer working these or what?

Scarab

It also appears that they take 4-5 days after ND to fax paperwork back to FFL's. I'm guessing my 3/2 SHOULD be done by tomorrow end of day. Faxed sometime next week I guess. Hopefully my 3/2 will be done by 5/21. I don't know how many days but too long... 80ish days?

RRogers33

Mar 29, 2013
    Purchased 3/12.. not sure of fax date

Just got an email from Ms. Brock, application completed and being faxed today!

64 days JAYSUS :wtf::sad20:

First handgun ever purchased, P226 .40!

SO... I went to my FFL... no paperwork faxed. Wasn't surprised.

What did surprise me was the phone call today from the MSP stated my application that was previously "not disapproved" is now in review. 2 more weeks. :mad54: no explanation, they can't discuss anything. Why in the hell can't they tell you why you're in review?

Does anyone else think its fishy that "oh you're not disapproved, we're sending you're paperwork today and then all of a sudden, YOU'RE IN REVIEW!"

I've got nothing in my record minus two speeding tickets, this is my first regulated purchase. :banghead::banghead::banghead::bs:

raff696

Nov 1, 2008

What did surprise me was the phone call today from the MSP stated my application that was previously "not disapproved" is now in review. 2 more weeks. :mad54: no explanation, they can't discuss anything. Why in the hell can't they tell you why you're in review?

Does anyone else think its fishy that "oh you're not disapproved, we're sending you're paperwork today and then all of a sudden, YOU'RE IN REVIEW!"

I've got nothing in my record minus two speeding tickets, this is my first regulated purchase. :banghead::banghead::banghead::bs:

Except for a few tickets, none that are current. I am clean and i have to recent ND's as of last year! so WTF am i in review? What really kills me is that my app date is 3/6 and from the looks of it i wont be getting my call for at least 2 more weeks.. when she siad 2 weeks.. 2 weeks ago! :mad54: this is a joke and Im sick of it!

Trek4Ward

Hooligan #10
    Mar 26, 2013
    Frederick County

I'm telling you, I'm beginning to think my previous joke that if you inquire you go to review is true!

Bang1964

May 3, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Please keep updating dates that are coming back from further reviews.
    I can't call anymore, I promised them after my last ND. And I have a last name you can't forget.

RRogers33

Mar 29, 2013
    I'm telling you, I'm beginning to think my previous joke that if you inquire you go to review is true!

Yep, I'm a believer... if this IRS is capable of targeting and attacking political groups applying for exempt status... then the MSP is completely capable of sending people, who ask about their application status, to review. Not that farfetched.

I really hope that some legal action from MSI and whoever else makes some changes soon. I'm still waiting on an M1A Socom 16 that I bought in February (9th on the backorder list since then). At this rate, I won't see it till next year. :mad54:

Anyone else see this? Sorry it's not really relevant to the thread, but proves my point... especially if Jon Stewart is the one saying it.

Greyhounder

Mar 19, 2013
    Baltimore
    Perhaps it would be in the best interests of everyone if people did not sign on to a message board and berate people (on either side) who undoubtedly are frustrated by a process that is taking much longer than any one on either side anticipated. It would be nice if we also didn't resort to unbecoming conduct of calling other citizens "douchebags," "trolls" and "a-holes."

There is no such thing as "anonymous" on the internet. Don't say or post anything you wouldn't say with your signature on it, or as Warren Buffet says, you wouldn't want someone to read on the front page of the newspaper tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure the Mods here could, if so inclined, look up someone's IP info, email address, etc., and reasonably identify anyone making such statements.

Last edited:

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I don't think Robomess really work there. He would have given details to the protocols to try and let us know exactly WHY it takes a week or more to process one day.

Most MSPs I've net are courteous and would try to be helpful.

Scarab

Agree. And WE all need to keep a clear distinction between the folks who create the policy (MOM, etc.) and the folks who implement the policy. Don't crap on the folks at MSP that are doing the work. They are handed their orders from their bosses, they're not making this stuff up just to be difficult. If you had a three foot stack of paper on your desk, it's going to take a while to work your way to the bottom. The problem is the boss who doesn't buy enough desks and hire enough folks to work at those desks, or to update the databases and processing system.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    I don't think Robomess really work there. He would have given details to the protocols to try and let us know exactly WHY it takes a week or more to process one day.

Most MSPs I've net are courteous and would try to be helpful.

Scarab

You're probably right. The contact I've had with Mrs. Brock has been great, the FFL has been understanding the couple times I've bugged him, etc. Frustration bubbling over since today is my day off and I REALLY wanted to go to the range lol.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Agree. And WE all need to keep a clear distinction between the folks who create the policy (MOM, etc.) and the folks who implement the policy. Don't crap on the folks at MSP that are doing the work. They are handed their orders from their bosses, they're not making this stuff up just to be difficult. If you had a three foot stack of paper on your desk, it's going to take a while to work your way to the bottom. The problem is the boss who doesn't buy enough desks and hire enough folks to work at those desks, or to update the databases and processing system.

I just want to know why it takes a week to do an app day worth of apps. How few people are working reviews if the review stack is smaller?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I just want to know why it takes a week to do an app day worth of apps. How few people are working reviews if the review stack is smaller?

Oh, I am crazy frustrated. I did a 2/9 purchase, can't recall when I got the ND. I do remember that people who purchased on 2/16 (one week later) hadn't gotten their ND's nealy a month after me. Over the course of one week, MSP fell three weeks further behind. When you do that math, it looks like apps were coming in three times faster than they can handle. Unless the worker bees are on constant coffee breaks, it appears there just aren't enough worker bees. That is a leadership failure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom