• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Hello! New Member here.

I keep hearing that Engage is releasing firearms after 7 days. Thats just not true. I was told by an employee that you have to be a DC that has purchased from them in the past.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here is my current list of Dealers releasing without MSP paperwork. This is all hearsay from this forum site and may not be 100% factual. My list continues to grow as a see more pople posting their findings.:

Engage Armament in Rockville: If you have a previous "ND" with them
    Shooters Discount in Mt Airy: Designated Collector letter,Current LEO, Receive PROCEED from FBI NICS, Maryland carry permit.
    On Target in Severn: If you sign a waiver
    Fred's in Waldorf: If you have a history of "ND"purchases from them
    A1Uniform:"We may, and put MAY in huge capital letters, start letting customers with multiple transfers in stock start having all their firearms that have been here longer than 7 days as soon as the first "ND".."

HiballHiside

Apr 10, 2013
    Have your dealer contact
    Tom Williams
    Director, Planning and Research Division
    Acting Director, Inspection & Compliance Division
    Maryland State Police
    HQ 410-653-4254
    Cell 410-365-9283
    Annapolis 410-260-6101

According to him at May 22, 2013 4:58 PM "Dealers may release a firearm after the 8th day if they have not heard from MSP and they are aware of any risks associated with the release."

This is all Political BS & Corruption. Kind of like the press secretary & the slowbama Admin. Tell us what we want to hear (or Stonewall), but behind closed doors it's pay to play & Our way or we'll destroy you. This wreaks of Illinois like politics.:mad54:

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    Here is my current list of Dealers releasing without MSP paperwork. This is all hearsay from this forum site and may not be 100% factual. My list continues to grow as a see more pople posting their findings.:

Engage Armament in Rockville: If you have a previous "ND" with them
    Shooters Discount in Mt Airy: Designated Collector letter,Current LEO, Receive PROCEED from FBI NICS, Maryland carry permit.
    On Target in Severn: If you sign a waiver
    Fred's in Waldorf: If you have a history of "ND"purchases from them
    A1Uniform:"We may, and put MAY in huge capital letters, start letting customers with multiple transfers in stock start having all their firearms that have been here longer than 7 days as soon as the first "ND".."

I'm not sure this is correct with engage? I had a previous nd with them and one waiting for nd, when I picked up the first one I asked if I could get the one still waiting and was told no.

dbb

Apr 10, 2013
    What dates were customers picking up today? Has anyone received a ND call for any 3/21 yet?

rhull1971

Jul 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    I purchased a Sig P238 from Bass Pro a week ago. Anyone purchase a regulated firearm recently? If so, how long did it take to get a response from the MSP? I know it says 7 days, but no one will release it until they get a response from them.

Thanks.

I purchased a Ruger 22/45 on March 23rd from Bass Pro Shop (at which time I was told there was a 4-5 week wait) and I am still waiting for it. I went back to the store last weekend to inquire about the wait and was told that they were just getting paper work back from MSP for the first week in March. I expect another two-three weeks.

Based on my experience I would think that if you had purchased that today, you would be waiting at least 90 days before you saw your gun... if not more.

dbb

Apr 10, 2013
    I purchased a Ruger 22/45 on March 23rd from Bass Pro Shop (at which time I was told there was a 4-5 week wait) and I am still waiting for it. I went back to the store last weekend to inquire about the wait and was told that they were just getting paper work back from MSP for the first week in March. I expect another two-three weeks.

Based on my experience I would think that if you had purchased that today, you would be waiting at least 90 days before you saw your gun... if not more.

I purchased a beretta px4 storm compact in .40 from bass pro on 3/21. Have not heard from them yet. I'll post my pick up date whenever that is so you can start to get your hopes up for your 3/23. Praying that I don't go under further review cause then were talking easily another month to pick it up. When I purchased mine from BPS on 3/21 they told me 4-6 weeks; today is exactly 9 weeks. Honestly, they tell you a random date that they are receiving when you ask them; to test the theory out I asked two employees the same day what dates they were receiving and their responses were "were getting back 2/10 submissions and the other said that there getting back 2/20 ND."<-this was a few weeks ago when I stopped in.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Eitherway , the wait = Too damn long

3ujhwb.jpg

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant
    The wait is long, but I do not hold the FFLs accountable, and would not consider ending a relationship with an FFL if they don't release early. If that becomes the norm, it's just an invitation for those with criminal records to take advantage of the situation.

That said, I think there could be a little leeway given by the FFL, for instance, if you've already completed a regulated firearm check within 6 months, or if you have multiple firearms applications, releasing them all when the first comes back.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    The wait is long, but I do not hold the FFLs accountable, and would not consider ending a relationship with an FFL if they don't release early. If that becomes the norm, it's just an invitation for those with criminal records to take advantage of the situation.

That said, I think there could be a little leeway given by the FFL, for instance, if you've already completed a regulated firearm check within 6 months, or if you have multiple firearms applications, releasing them all when the first comes back.

The longer this goes on, the more of a problem I have with it. I understand the issues on why FFLs are not releasing, but at the same time we're talking about a Constitutional right here. The fact is that my rights are being infringed, and however you look at it, it's the FFL who is responsible for that infringement. They can legally release but choose not to.

I have absolutely no record. You can look me up on Judiciary Case Search and you'll get back 0 results. I've never been arrested. The only time I've ever been in court was for a law class in college where I had to sit in and report back to the professor with what I witnessed. The last time I was ever a patient in a hospital was when I was a few months old for a minor operation. And yet there's absolutely nothing I can do to receive my purchases. There is no way for me to exercise my right short of purchasing an unregulated gun that I have no desire to purchase.

My two guns currently on hold will be my first two firearms. I'm only 24 and have been spending most of my money to start a business, which is why I haven't been blowing money on guns. I was planning on purchasing after the election panic settled down, but the Connecticut shooting stopped that until prices became reasonable about a month ago.

Fortunately I mailed in my DC app over four weeks ago, so I'll be heading Lou's way shortly to buy myself a few 25th birthday presents. But right now, I'm really pissed. I won't boycott FFLs for not releasing, but I will certainly give as much of my business as possible to those who are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom