• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • punkinabox

Apr 3, 2013
    Glenburnie
    The FFL cannot submit the paperwork until he has the gun in his possession due to the fact that he needs the s/n off of it for the paperwork. But yes it does suck because we have to pay full price of the gun before the paperwork is faxed off too

I know that the FFL can't. Its ridiculous that the wait is this long not that they couldnt do my paperwork earlier. Even if they could I wouldn't want to. If I did and the paper work came back before then gun arrived (wouldn't happen as of now with the current wait times) then the paperwork could expire before the firearm even arrives. Then I'd have to resubmit. Wouldn't want to do that.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Shooters Discount in Mt Airy: Designated Collector letter,Current LEO, Receive PROCEED from FBI NICS, Maryland carry permit.

And only for purchases after a certain date (3/15??)

ive been tracking nd dates and submission
    with 30 data points i have an avg of 69 days
    min 52 and max 85
    mean is 66

Do you have enough data over a wide enough range to do trend analysis? We know it has been growing, but it would be interesting to see the rate of growth.

General responses to the thread:

There is neither rhyme nor reason as to why you may end up in review. In the past few months, I've gotten a DC, an ND, and now I find I am in review. My name hasn't changed. I've been well over 30 for all of that time. And the other things that people cite have not changed for me in that time frame. The only factor I can identify that is possible in my case is that the machines were down when they got to mine, so I got bumped to the 'review' pile. Until or unless someone speaks, on the record, to the entire process, anything that anyone posts about what gets you moved from non-sworn to sworn is merely conjecture.

patriot001

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 2, 2013
    I've been reading these post for a while now. I'm on day 72,& counting. Chairman 0 Mao li apparently suffers from delusions of grandeur if he thinks he will ever be president. 1st he has all those ppl in B-more arrested in '05 which got him a lawsuit, and now this Sb281 Horses***? The libterd obviously has no respect for the constitution as he violates it when ever he feels the need. I'm not savvy when it comes to politics, but can't we impeach him? I have contacted the msp in reference to these ungodly waits, they claim that its because so many are buying guns. Others say this is an underhanded attempt to ban firearms, which is a clear violation of our rights. I want to believe the msp, but given owe malley's history of trampling the constitution, and the fact that msp just did a background check with fingerprints for my job, and it only took a few days, there appears to be more to it than just not having the man power to keep up. Anyways they should've thought about the surge in gun sales before he signed Sb281 I shall be leaving the communist republic of Maryland as soon as I can. Since 0 malley and the rest of the libterds like stripping rights away from their law abiding citizens so much, if you can afford it we should all leave. Then who will the criminals prey on, who will they be able to tax, as the state will only have criminals, and welfare recipients? #No malley 2016.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Has anyone looked at it this way:

Maybe some folks are going into review because some folks are buying an ASS LOAD of firearms. Notice I did not use the term TOO MANY firearms because there is no such thing.

Maybe they are building special files and data bases for those who may end up with a lot of guns and then find that they want to sell off a lot of guns to make a profit due to the lack of guns available. Without an FFL I might add.

Just because there is no LIMIT on the number of guns we can buy does not mean they don't frown upon it.

Just food for thought and my .02

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    patriot001,

Outstanding and Clever Name for MOM.

I tip my hat to you, Sir.

And I have been preaching what you have just laid out until I'm blue in the face.

Again, They don't care.

P.S. Have you been banned recently and have made a come back some how? Your writing style seems familiar.

patriot001

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 2, 2013
    @Oh8demlibz, no I was never banned this is my 1st post. You could be right about that stockpile theory, which is all the more reason to immigrate from this failed state. I don't wanna live in a state where my hobby/pastime is treated like some kind of terrorist/criminal act. I have brought a few guns in the past that were stolen by a family member with an addiction, but they were reported, and crackboy is in jail. I wonder if that's why I'm in review?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    @Oh8demlibz, no I was never banned this is my 1st post. You could be right about that stockpile theory, which is all the more reason to immigrate from this failed state. I don't wanna live in a state where my hobby/pastime is treated like some kind of terrorist/criminal act. I have brought a few guns in the past that were stolen by a family member with an addiction, but they were reported, and crackboy is in jail. I wonder if that's why I'm in review?

In that case, welcome aboard and GREAT 1st rant.

Yeah, Man. Potential Terrorism everywhere.

If you're a Pipe Fitter you're in trouble.

If you're a Reloader your in trouble.

If you drink Vodka you're in trouble.

If you're a Vodka drinking Pipe Fitter who is also a Reloader, watch out for Drone Strikes.

Jubbs26

Mar 14, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Continital arms allows you to take your purchase into their shooting range and put some rounds thru it. I'm waiting till they call me to pick up my purchase cause I don't want to put a dirty gun away and have it sit there.

Continental won't call you. You must call them. They're the only FFL in the state that will not call you. I purchased a Glock from them on 3/2 and received it earlier this month. I visited once a week during the wait.

Just purchased an XDm from Free State. Better, but pricier, range. Also, will call you when it's ready (was told 8-10 weeks...yeah, right.)

Faderhaus

Mar 11, 2013
    Continital arms allows you to take your purchase into their shooting range and put some rounds thru it. I'm waiting till they call me to pick up my purchase cause I don't want to put a dirty gun away and have it sit there.

Freestste does the same thing, only, if you are a member, you get 10 free gun cleanings/year. I've fired several of my hostages and have had them cleaned after a couple of visits to the range.:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom