• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EAB

Mar 5, 2013
    My divorce shows in judical case search web site. My last purchase was 2/16 and NDA without reveiw on 4/6. I don't think divorce is a factor unless there is a restraining order or other attached.

Just got back from The Gun Shop to pick up my very 1st purchase, Taurus Tracker 992! She's BEAUTIFUL!
    App date 3/19, Received email 5/29, Call from The Gun Shop 5/30! :party29: :party29:

Attachments

• !cid__IMG_20130530_191508_026_.jpg
      !cid__IMG_20130530_191508_026_.jpg
      58 KB · Views: 222

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    My divorce shows in judical case search web site. My last purchase was 2/16 and NDA without reveiw on 4/6. I don't think divorce is a factor unless there is a restraining order or other attached.

Definitely not the divorce then. Was amicable.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    Paperwork for my stripped lower filled out on 3/13 at Arthur's Shooter's Supply. Emailed MSP a few days ago, they said that my FFL should have gotten my ND fax already. I checked with him, he hadn't received it. Emailed MSP again yesterday asking if they could resend it. No response back from MSP, but I just got the text from my FFL that my paperwork came back OK a couple mintues ago (5/30). I didn't go into review - I have an uncommon name, I'm a DC, and I'm well under 30 years old. Now I'm just waiting on a 5/8 Browning Buckmark Micro from Gander Mountain that I don't expect to see for a really long time.

To reiterate - filled out the paperwork 3/13, ND'd 5/30, not in review. MSP probably screwed up somewhere between approving my application and faxing it back to my dealer. Rose Brock is great.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I bought the firearm in late February, had it shipped to MD. Sat there while the paperwork was faxed on 3/18. The non-sworn said it was received on 3/18, and that my application was processed on 5/23 and sent to further review. Then I got switched over to a trooper who said they are on 3/7 for review and it'll take a while to get to 3/18...

He was great to talk to. I pointed out I wasn't put in the review pile in January and haven't had ANY change in status since January other than getting a Collector's approval. The guy at 2A said all DC's are going into review. The trooper said that isn't the case...

Then I asked him, if every subsequent application I do henceforth will be placed in the further review pile and he said YES, once in review always in review.

Don't they have a registry? Yes.

Do they start over with every application? Yes.

Can you say, "SLOW-WALK"? http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/slow-walk

Mar 12, 2013
    MoCo
    Called late afternoon about my 3/4 app and was told it's not yet processed. Said that they were working on 3/5 but there were still a few 3/4 to get to. Including today that's 88 days.

dbb

Apr 10, 2013
    apparently they were finishing up 3/21s today. Assuming they did and I was not put in review, I hope/pray for a call tomorrow. No clue why I would get my hopes up we all know from here that it is rare that MSP faxes same day unless you call and get a person that will help you. Even after 70 days waiting im still getting my hopes up thinking im going to get a call tomorrow. Keep telling myself odds are they will put me in review and itll be another 30 days but part of me is still hopeful.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Do you think they may be cross checking with people that testified in Annapolis???

Call me a tinfoil hat person, but given the IRS stuff, why wouldn't I think that may be a factor?

When the Senate Committee grew weary of hearing further testimony from 3,000 people who waited all day to testify in favor of their rights and against the bill, the Committee required hundreds, at least, to come to the microphone only to identify themselves, without allowing them to say anything else. Nice way to start assembling a database.

Ninety9Soulz

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
    Feb 23, 2013
    Still waiting for the NRA to even acknowledge this problem. They sure as hell acknowledge our donations.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    Still waiting for the NRA to even acknowledge this problem. They sure as hell acknowledge our donations.

I doubt they will, we already have people working on it. Plus our puny wait times are nothing compared to, for example, what's happening in California or even the SB281 stuff.

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    apparently they were finishing up 3/21s today. Assuming they did and I was not put in review, I hope/pray for a call tomorrow. No clue why I would get my hopes up we all know from here that it is rare that MSP faxes same day unless you call and get a person that will help you. Even after 70 days waiting im still getting my hopes up thinking im going to get a call tomorrow. Keep telling myself odds are they will put me in review and itll be another 30 days but part of me is still hopeful.

come on 3/22!

I called today and msp said hopefully they will get to me today or tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom