• Silence&Rage

Feb 20, 2013
    MoCo
    Picked up today.

3/14 - Fax Date
    5/16 - ND Date
    5/28 - Faxed to my FFL

12 days from ND to fax back to my FFL

For everyone asking what day MSP is processing - it seems the extra question to ask is what day are they faxing.

xref

May 9, 2013
    BBPawn

After 8 days, Baltimore's Best Pawn will now release with a DC or prior ND business with them.

dbb

Apr 10, 2013
    I made a purchase in mid feb, I called the FFL on day 60 to inquire. MSP claimed to have lost my paperwork and wanted me to fill it out again and they promised a fast turn around.

7 days after I go and fill out a second application, my FFL gets my original paperwork ND in the mail, which was strange to him being it came by mail, and my second one came the day after that, he calls me right away when my original ND came in and at that point all I could do was laugh. There is still hope it will appear, don't give up yet.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Actually received a phone call from MSP. Lady said she is following up with Ms. Brocks phone call and she is calling to tell me they found my application and it will be completed and faxed back to BPS tomorrow. 3/21 purchase date. Crossing my fingers it'll actually get faxed tomorrow. Guess that means its not going into further review. That crosses off one of the rumors that if you're under 30 you're automatically in review. I'm 24 first time gun buyer.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Actually received a phone call from MSP. Lady said she is following up with Ms. Brocks phone call and she is calling to tell me they found my application and it will be completed and faxed back to BPS tomorrow. 3/21 purchase date. Crossing my fingers it'll actually get faxed tomorrow. Guess that means its not going into further review. That crosses off one of the rumors that if you're under 30 you're automatically in review. I'm 24 first time gun buyer.

I am sure the application gets passed through a few hands and could end up in the wrong pile or at a desk with 100 of apps, and until its stumbled upon its MIA, sad to think its still a paper trail in 2013. That's what must have happen to me and you...

dbb

Apr 10, 2013
    I am sure the application gets passed through a few hands and could end up in the wrong pile or at a desk with 100 of apps, and until its stumbled upon its MIA, sad to think its still a paper trail in 2013. That's what must have happen to me and you...

Absolutely. Will be relieved tomorrow if I actually get the call to pick it up. Started calling MSP when I realized they were finishing 3/21 and I wasn't going to stop calling until they found my app and finished it or placed it under further review.

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    OK..... got a bit of an update .A&D PAWN & GUN (Crain Hwy Glen Burnie)
    After my first discussion with one guy at A&D, I decided to call back and ask for someone a little higher up the flagpole.

This time I actually spoke to I think the owner. (About 430pm)
    He said they Just found out about it today. Like after I called at 1pm, and right now, they are trying to get all the specific details in line with MSP to make absolutely sure they do it by the book. But he said they are working on the details now.

Does this mean they are going to release? I don't know. I certainly hope so.
    But I figured I at least owed them an update. It's certainly better than the first response I got which was "What?....an email from MSP.?....oh to release early? No . Never heard of that... I don't think so. That would be Bad....Mkaay"....
    Ok....maybe that wasn't a quote. But at the time of the call.....that's all I was hearing.
    C'MON EVERYONE!!!.....CALL THE SH&$ OUT OF YOUR FFLS!!!

Oh yeah. Unfortunately for all the people purchasing from BASS PRO....Someone posted something earlier about how long it takes to change policy in a National Corporate sized Big Box store. They were right.For that decision to be made, it would take Meeting, after meeting, then a decision meeting on the decision.
    And basically. BASS PRO and their legal team will probably look at it like this. " is there ANY legal risk involved?" If so the Risk won't match the reward. They don't give a Rats A$$ if a few of us will take our business elsewhere. Unfortunately a great number of people simply DON'T KNOW there are other places to purchase handguns in this state.
    Good luck Everyone !

Last edited:

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    Oh I forgot to ask.
    Tomorrow is day 74 for me. I've yet to contact MSP to check on my app. Was going to, just never did.
    I have Rose Brock's Email address . But could someone quickly list the information I need to include in my email to her? I just want to give her everything she needs right off the bat. As not to start up a time consuming conversation.
    Thanks guys.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Hopefully this thread will be unnecessary soon.

Seems like MSP may have made a positive move on this issue.

dbb

Apr 10, 2013
    Oh I forgot to ask.
    Tomorrow is day 74 for me. I've yet to contact MSP to check on my app. Was going to, just never did.
    I have Rose Brock's Email address . But could someone quickly list the information I need to include in my email to her? I just want to give her everything she needs right off the bat. As not to start up a time consuming conversation.
    Thanks guys.

Tomorrow is day 75 for me. I started calling Ms. Brock on Friday after they completed all the 3/21 apps. Thats when I found out they lost my app but got good news today that they are faxing it back tomorrow to BASS PRO. I would call her so she can check for you. She only asks for your first and last name and SSN as well as where you purchased from. Her direct phone number is 4106534334. A lot of people on here rave on how nice she is. Don't get me wrong for the most part she is, but im sure the overwhelming amount of calls makes her mood change periodically. I would call her rather than emailing her. When I called her on friday she promised me a call back that day but didn't. Same story today when I called, this time I did get a call back with my problem fixed. Long story short, call her and she will more than likely help you or direct your issues to someone who can.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD

Think this happened to me.

Scarab

Bushwood

Farm Raised
    Jan 27, 2013
    The Dena
    53 days and I call Barts in GB asking what day they are on, and they tell me they are releasing at 10 days after they got the fax from MSP!!!

4/11-faxed to msp

6/3-"early pickup" of my Bersa Thunder .380

ND-??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom