• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    I got an email from MSP. They are working on 3/19 for those 0 review and 3/22 for non review. My magic date is 3/25. Since they do about a day a week, I'll have my purchase maybe for the 4th of July. Figure that would make me a 90+ clubber. :(
    But not celebratory gun fire... it's illegal and dangerous.

Is that correct? 3/19 for second review? I had them at 3/8 yesterday...

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Right now scarab is the longest wait i have recorded(90 days). Can anyone top it?

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=121404

I think there were some in the 90's before BUT I think they had issues with their FFL faxing real late after the actual purchase date. Mine was a true 90 day wait because my FFL faxed my app the same day I bought it. Oh, and I was "in Review" for a MONTH! 5/3 - 6/3.

Insane and Absurd. Sounds like more 8 day releases are coming out of the wood work so maybe I was the worst case scenario.

Words of advice: If you app date comes and goes, or you are in review and your app date comes and goes, CALL THE MSP, repeatedly, to get a status and DO NOT be satified with "You're still in review". Mine had gotten misplaced in REVIEW and my app date past. I called 4 times in one day and FINALLY got someone to find my app and get it processed. That was 3:30 PM or so on Monday and my FFL called me at 9:30 AM Tuesday morning! It pays to be the squeaky wheel!

Scarab

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Thanks for creating that thread. I'm a newbie as well and thinking my next purchase may be an AR-15 once my now 70 day and counting waits or my Glock 17 is over. I know there is limitless information here already on these forums but I like the starting from scratch approach as well since any bit that I will learn will be new to me.

Glad I could help! I'm like a sponge right now and don't mind saying I'm a newbie to certain things. If you need good info and data you can't play the "I'm cool and know everything" angle. You have to say, "Assume I know nothing and telling me everything". That's how I learn.

Scarab

bigwillc

Apr 12, 2013
    Charles County - Da Dorf
    Glad I could help! I'm like a sponge right now and don't mind saying I'm a newbie to certain things. If you need good info and data you can't play the "I'm cool and know everything" angle. You have to say, "Assume I know nothing and telling me everything". That's how I learn.

Scarab

Absolutely!! Seems like we are tracking on the same path.

Racinready300ex

Jun 3, 2009
    I think there were some in the 90's before BUT I think they had issues with their FFL faxing real late after the actual purchase date. Mine was a true 90 day wait because my FFL faxed my app the same day I bought it. Oh, and I was "in Review" for a MONTH! 5/3 - 6/3.

Insane and Absurd. Sounds like more 8 day releases are coming out of the wood work so maybe I was the worst case scenario.

Words of advice: If you app date comes and goes, or you are in review and your app date comes and goes, CALL THE MSP, repeatedly, to get a status and DO NOT be satified with "You're still in review". Mine had gotten misplaced in REVIEW and my app date past. I called 4 times in one day and FINALLY got someone to find my app and get it processed. That was 3:30 PM or so on Monday and my FFL called me at 9:30 AM Tuesday morning! It pays to be the squeaky wheel!

Scarab

I went into further review on around the 70 day mark. If I'm in review for a month I'm probably looking at 100 days unless something changes.

Anyone know what day they are on now?

Lady Sunshine

Apr 21, 2013
    I appreciate all the goodwill. Sometime my A-Type personality and rants can be abrasive, but I do appreciate the love I've been shown. 90 days is a long time.

Only time will tell what happens with my wife and her relationship with guns, though I have a feeling it's just going to be "I'm ok with them being in the house, but I still don't want to see/touch them." And that's just going to have to be OK. Like I said, she's not a ignorant liberal, she's just deathly afraid of them due to a bad experience with an idiot boyfriend deep in her past.

Scarab

As a previously 91 day wait myself, CONGRATULATIONS!
    As for the wife, time will prove you right is my opinion. I never held a gun or wanted a gun near me until I married my husband a few years ago. Today I am the proud owner of my own handgun and have changed my personal views drastically. Firearms were fine as long as they belonged to someone else, now I am one of those someone else's.:)

manchumedic

Feb 23, 2013
    Got the call yesterday for my 3/9 review, but I can't pick it up cause I'm out of town!!

On the plus side I get to conceal carry my g30 the whole time I'm here, and it's going to feel wierd not having it on my hip in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom