• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ankrklankr

Paperwork

2 weeks. Give or take another 2 weeks . I went into second review 3 weeks ago, and STILL do not have mine. Tomorrow will be day 95 for me.
    I purchased, and submitted paperwork on March 22.
    The MSP say they are currently processing March 21 for 2nd review.
    I haven't been very optimistic lately, but I would hope I get mine sometime this week. But I haven't heard much along the lines of their Fax delays lately. At one point they were a week behind just getting the ND apps faxed back to the FFLs .

....I really hope I get mine this week. I just ordered a really nice "PELICAN- 4 gun case" to take my new FNH and 3 other handguns on vacation with me next Saturday. But as this whole process dictates, and as my luck has been lately, I expect my ffl to get the Fax as I'm boarding at BWI.:envy:

Should come any day now mate...I submitted my paperwork March 18 and just picked up my revolver about the 92nd or 93rd day; matter of fact they were working on 2nd review of Mar 17 applications when my FFL called to come and get it.

xcoastie

May 10, 2013
    Okay... What's this "2nd review" crap?

From what's been posted here before, it also appears that a "2nd review" can be triggered if one of 17 databases (that needs to be checked) is temporarily unavailable. It appears that the civilians aren't allowed to hold an application for a few hours, or until the next day, if a database is unavailable. Instead, the application is immediately thrown into the "review" pile and handled by a "sworn" employee.

A month or so back, there was a day when one or more databases were unavailable. That day, every application got moved to the other pile to be reviewed by a sworn officer. The MSP may have changed the business rules since then. I base this statement on two things: it hasn't happened again in a month; and the MSP status announcements now always give a two-day range of applications that are being reviewed. That suggests to me that the non-sworn processors have more latitude to set an application aside briefly, then come back to it later in the day or possibly the next day.

This is all guesswork on my part, since the MSP doesn't really provide us with useful or complete information about the work. But remember (sarcastic statement follows), they're doing what's best for public safety. The MSP has explicitly stated, on more than one occasion, that the speed with which an application gets processed is of little or no concern to their organization.

Does anyone have the automated number to hear the recording for the days? My wife purchased her G17 on 3/25 and is in further review. Funny thing is I purchased my G30 and AK on 3/26 and I picked them up on 4/22. I'm not sure why, but when I had my Utah CCW class I asked about that quick turn around for me, and I was told it might have been released early because of my military background. Who knows, maybe more MSP games though.

Mbrown72986

Mar 31, 2013
    Towson
    it feels unlawful to get raped like this!

it's ridiculous what this state makes its residents do to get a gun! I am 3/28 but i am assuming i will go to further review because of my generic name. Day 88 here. BS!!! and i'm not even the one that is pissed, my fiance is.

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    MY APP CAME BACK!!!!!purchased 3/22
    Just called A&D . They confirmed my ND did in fact just come in.
    I was in 2nd review . So I can confirm MSP is at least up to 3/22.
    95 LONG DAYS!

xcoastie

May 10, 2013
    MY APP CAME BACK!!!!!purchased 3/22
    Just called A&D . They confirmed my ND did in fact just come in.

Congratulations. Glad to hear it. We'll miss you on this thread, though. I've got another 50 (or so) more days of checking this thread, and it'll get boring here without your posts. :)

Day 56.

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    Congratulations. Glad to hear it. We'll miss you on this thread, though. I've got another 50 (or so) more days of checking this thread, and it'll get boring here without your posts. :)

Day 56.

LOL......Yeah. It seems like once every 20 days or so, the wait would really get to me. And I'd have to go off a bit.
    Funny thing is, I'll probably still automatically pull this thread up every time I grab my IPAD...Simply out of habit. I've been doing it several times a day for 3 months . Since I purchased this pistol, I also bought a Shotgun, and 2 other handguns (from FFLs releasing on time) ...But this is the one I've been waiting for . I'll post a picture in the next post.

xcoastie

May 10, 2013
    LOL......Yeah. It seems like once every 20 days or so, the wait would really get to me. And I'd have to go off a bit.

The only thing that's kept me from going off is being able to see others blow off steam in this thread.

About a month ago, my wife suggested a good day for me to go to the range. She'd assumed that I'd already had my purchase for almost a month (but hadn't used it at all!!!), since that's when the dealer called me to come in and initiate the paperwork. She had no idea that there was a 60-75 day wait (at that time). She'd been led by the media to assume that anyone could want a gun (pistol, rifle, or shotgun) today and have it by this evening.

Since the MSP falls a bit more behind each week, the wait that I'm now expecting has grown from 72 days (when I first started watching this thread) to 108 days----assuming my application goes into review, but not accounting for any fax delays. I live in Charles County, and there are no dealers close to my home that are willing to transfer a handgun at the end of the 7-day waiting period.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit

Day 56.

FoxTrot is going to go the way of Scarab...

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    PSA Lower Receiver (2) 4/4/2013 80 Days
    Ruger Blackhawk 357 Mag 4/23/2013 61 Days
    S&W 22A 5/4/2013 50 Days
    Ruger Super Redhawk 44 5/28/2013 26 Days
    Ruger LC9 5/31/2013 24 Days
    Ruger SR1911CMD 6/18/2013 6 Days
    247 Days Waiting

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    I hope this thread dies sooner than later due to the fact that we only shop at FFLs that do 8 day releases from now on. Hang in there guys.

pianodwarf

Apr 24, 2013
    Day 80 since purchase, day 78 since MSP received the fax. My new tac light has been sitting patiently on the dining room table for over a month, waiting for the Beretta to come home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom