• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pianodwarf

Apr 24, 2013
    I stopped by Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring yesterday, and they accepted my Designated Collector letter, as they said they would. The transfer went without any difficulty. One little oddity was that I was trying to buy a 92A1 but ended up with an M9A1, but since they're just about identical, I decided it wasn't worth the trouble of correcting the mistake. The mag thing is kind of annoying (two 15-rd mags instead of 3 17-rd mags), but I already owned several 17-rd mags, so it wasn't a big deal.

Just as an FYI: I did also ask them about buying a gun on gunbroker.com or other such site and having them do the transfer, and they told me that they're not doing any transfers at all right now because their storage room is too crammed with guns waiting for background checks -- they simply don't have enough room to do transfers.

bigwillc

Apr 12, 2013
    Charles County - Da Dorf
    Got it after 98 days

After 98 days finally got my Glock 17 on Wednesday 7/3! Called up Lawmen's Supply on a whim (since they don't call their customers once the ND comes in). I was told that I could come and pick up my gun but that they were closing early at 3:30 because of the holidays. It was sounding like they almost was hoping I would say I would wait until Monday to pick it up. Good prices but they are not much for customer service there. Planning to get some rounds through it within the next couple of days.

xcoastie

May 10, 2013
    status recording not updated this week?

The dates on the MSP status recording this evening are the same as they were last Friday evening. Hopefully, this just means that nobody updated the recording. Normally the recording has been updated sometime during the day on Fridays.

Alternately, training the new-hires took enough time to kept the MSP (both civilian and sworn) processing the same dates for the whole week.

Rimfire

May 20, 2013
    Fred Co.
    The dates on the MSP status recording this evening are the same as they were last Friday evening. Hopefully, this just means that nobody updated the recording. Normally the recording has been updated sometime during the day on Fridays.

Alternately, training the new-hires took enough time to kept the MSP (both civilian and sworn) processing the same dates for the whole week.

Someone in another thread got a response from Ms. Brock this morning saying apr 6th / mar 29th. At least the 2nd reviews moved a little, although who knows when they'll actually get faxed back...

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Just bought another lower. Having it shipped to The Bank Gun & Pawn this time around. They release after 8 days.

However, my other 2 pieces are in gun jail till the FFL gets the NICS number.

So I get partial gratification.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    I had two stripped lowers and five regulated handguns in the queue, ranging from 17 days to 91 days. Luckily, I got them all at The Gun Shop, and now they are all at home with me!

Job

Jun 8, 2013
    Someone in another thread got a response from Ms. Brock this morning saying apr 6th / mar 29th. At least the 2nd reviews moved a little, although who knows when they'll actually get faxed back...

I called this morning too. April 6th. The woman on the recording sounded very familiar and then I placed it, I believe she works at the DMV!!! I love Maryland. :heart::heart::heart:

Rimfire

May 20, 2013
    Fred Co.
    I called this morning too. April 6th. The woman on the recording sounded very familiar and then I placed it, I believe she works at the DMV!!! I love Maryland. :heart::heart::heart:

Just called in again, recording updated: apr 8 / apr 1... Better late than never, wish they'd also add what dates are being faxed.

RIGGS

Apr 20, 2013
    Baldwin
    Just called in again, recording updated: apr 8 / apr 1... Better late than never, wish they'd also add what dates are being faxed.

Usually takes a few days to fax up to a week. Ya know its tough job to sit in a chair and lay a paper on a machine and push a button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom