• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coffmannick43

Jul 13, 2013
    Has anyone ever not been approved? serious question I am curious what would get you banned cause the FFL told me basicically have you ever spent time in jail and I said not really he said you should be fine.

Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    Has anyone ever not been approved? serious question I am curious what would get you banned cause the FFL told me basicically have you ever spent time in jail and I said not really he said you should be fine.

Well yes people do. Not sure if anyone here has. My FFL told me hes only had like 2 since January. So it is rare

bergmef

Apr 25, 2007
    April 10th, landed in the review pile. They are on April 6th for reviews as of 1 hour ago.

I'd say how many days but I'm out of fingers and toes.:D

xcoastie

May 10, 2013
    My FFL told me hes only had like 2 since January. So it is rare

It's probably rare mainly because people who know that they won't qualify are unlikely to go through a licensed dealer. If they want a gun, they buy it in a private transaction from someone who's willing (or happy) to avoid checking in with the MSP barracks.

A person who buys it that way, of course, doesn't have to wait 126 days for the "instant" check and the "7 day" cooling-off period.

126 days is my current estimate based on the fact that I signed the forms on 4/29. My estimated wait gets larger each week, of course, based on recent MSP performance.

Last edited:

BigToe

Well Armed Vagrant

What would get you not approved are listed on the questionnaire. Basically, any felony, a misdemeanor involving a violent act, or any kind of restraining order. I'd imagine, if you answered all questions honestly, you will not be disapproved.

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD
    I Did a secondary transfer at MSP on June 2, got the ND papers in the mail July 12 yet I'm STILL waiting on a 4/22 gunbroker transfer through my (Former) FFL

buzzinga

Jul 16, 2013
    Woo hoo! Picked up my 4/22 today at Anglers

Actually a 5/1 fax since it had to go out for shell casing. I called and asked about early release and they said "sure, come on in and sign some papers and we'll release." An hour later I had my Beretta PX4 Inox 9mm. Also picked up a box of PMC Brass 9mm for $19.99. I've gotten lucky with ammo at Anglers twice in a week, went in last week and got a box of Remington 9mm & a 325 ct carton of Federal .22 lr.:party29::party29::party29:

vette80

Jul 19, 2013
    ms. campbell email address

I am new to the forum, I have been reading for a couple of months now to find out information. I submitted my paper work 4/12 and I am curious, I see some member haven emailed a Ms. Campbell to find out their status. I was wondering if someone can give me that email address so I can contact her. Thank you!

Rimfire

May 20, 2013
    Fred Co.
    I am new to the forum, I have been reading for a couple of months now to find out information. I submitted my paper work 4/12 and I am curious, I see some member haven emailed a Ms. Campbell to find out their status. I was wondering if someone can give me that email address so I can contact her. Thank you!

I just emailed the general address this morning: msp.firearmsregistration@maryland.gov

I was also a 4/12 and they responded w/in 2 hrs saying I was ND 4/18. It was someone named Nicole who responded to my email. As of this evening my FFL (gunrunners) had not seen the fax. If not tomorrow I guess I'm waiting until Tuesday since theyre closed Monday's.

Check the post in the Md 2a forum titled Live update of dealers releasing... And there is link to google doc for general info in the first post of that thread with other addresses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom