• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Thought these plastic boxes would be a good substitute for scrounging cardboard boxes...

However, as they come from the factory the tops fall off too easy.....
    33122abaf28d5e32aa91545115202549.jpg

Bought some 1" stick on Velcro tabs.....

3ed75b7bebb6014b4ddcac1687538b71.jpg

Bought a 6' piece of sew on Velco and cut it into 6" Strips.....

b196e49e58611d14acbb89e26a08f30f.jpg

Just make sure you use matching (hooks vs. loops) stick on tabs and the opposite type of strip.

BTW - two packs of stick-ons and the 6' piece of sew on made enough to do 24 boxes.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Thanks.. I just started stocking up on these for all my shottie loads and they stack the same as boxes in the MTM ammo crates..

I was given a Cabelas give card for christmas and I absolutely hate going there any more since Ass Pro took them over. I plan on droppin the card on more MTM boxes and crates

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I did too, but with two boxes in my Clays bag, the boxes would shift around, the bands would come off, the boxes roll over, and dump the shells!!! The Velcro has never let loose....

I could see that. I haven’t had that happen yet with the big like lobster claw rubber bands. But mine don’t get much rough and tumble treatment. I have had some dump before I used the big rubber bands and just relied on tension to hold them on.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Pretty ingenious! :lol::thumbsup:

I can only imagine having the time to stuff reloads into boxes, 25 at a time tho (I have to put that - any spare - time toward knocking more reloads off the MEC 9000’s). I used to box them only, I prefer to use boxes that hold 250+, loose (or, “bulk”) packed. Now, I find it easier to just use five gallon buckets for my reloaded shells and grab out however many hundred will be needed for that day‘s sporting. Or, if I have to pack 7/8oz and 3/4oz 12ga loads for long distance travel, the Plano flat boxes hold enough for two rounds of sporting … still a pia tho.

I’d love to see these Plano cases go on clearance sale prices again!

Attachments

• 98A9BDF8-EB32-47AD-AFF4-0A572067A5A1.jpeg
      98A9BDF8-EB32-47AD-AFF4-0A572067A5A1.jpeg
      389.2 KB · Views: 41

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Pretty ingenious!

I can only imagine having the time to stuff reloads into boxes, 25 at a time tho (I have to put that - any spare - time toward knocking more reloads off the MEC 9000’s). I used to box them only, I prefer to use boxes that hold 250+, loose (or, “bulk”) packed. Now, I find it easier to just use five gallon buckets for my reloaded shells and grab out however many hundred will be needed for that day‘s sporting. Or, if I have to pack 7/8oz and 3/4oz 12ga loads for long distance travel, the Plano flat boxes hold enough for two rounds of sporting … still a pia tho.

I’d love to see these Plano cases go on clearance sale prices again!
    I like to have 'em in boxes to keep track of shots I have left on station for Trap. I have to admit, it doesn't really matter for other games.

One of these MEC EZ-PACS does make things faster....
    18a4de200d1916764769f35bcb6893bf.jpg

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    I like to have 'em in boxes to keep track of shots I have left on station for Trap. I have to admit, it doesn't really matter for other games.

One of these MEC EZ-PACS does make things faster....
    18a4de200d1916764769f35bcb6893bf.jpg

Ha! I can dig that! I can’t shoot trap unless I am to the right of someone such as yourself, my shells are in my pouch in a big jumble and I focus on the next target to the point I can’t keep track of anything besides safety!

Come to think of it, when the wife shoots trap she won’t even consider anything but a box of 25 on her hip so, I guess I do find to stuff boxes on rare occasion I get her out anymore!

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Ha! I can dig that! I can’t shoot trap unless I am to the right of someone such as yourself, my shells are in my pouch in a big jumble and I focus on the next target to the point I can’t keep track of anything besides safety!

Come to think of it, when the wife shoots trap she won’t even consider anything but a box of 25 on her hip so, I guess I do find to stuff boxes on rare occasion I get her out anymore!
    If you don't have an EZ PAK and box shells, That will be the best $$$ you'll spend....

.... mine are ancient, so I don't know what current $$$ are, but they're fairly cheap..

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    If you're into 3D printing there are a lot of options out there. I like the ones that you just slide the original box into. I've printed a couple and they work pretty well

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    If you don't have an EZ PAK and box shells, That will be the best $$$ you'll spend....

oh Yes, I’ve accumulated a xerox box full of MEC EZ packers as they’re often included in package deals used MEC presses I’ve purchased over the years … still, 5-gal buckets, tho.

Speaking of MEC “accessory options,” the last 28ga 9000 I recently picked up came with something I’d forgotten ever existed - a MEC “EZ Wad!” wad hopper!

They make em out of cardboard now and there is probably more steel in that vintage hopper as there is in most modern cars, nowadays!

I intend to remove the rust spots and repaint it later this year - whenever I run across any of that doggone precious spare time :lol2:

Attachments

• 1372536A-52EA-49A1-AE28-D6B51E6C48D7.jpeg
      1372536A-52EA-49A1-AE28-D6B51E6C48D7.jpeg
      293.5 KB · Views: 39

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    oh Yes, I’ve accumulated a xerox box full of MEC EZ packers as they’re often included in package deals used MEC presses I’ve purchased over the years … still, 5-gal buckets, tho.

Speaking of MEC “accessory options,” the last 28ga 9000 I recently picked up came with something I’d forgotten ever existed - a MEC “EZ Wad!” wad hopper!

They make em out of cardboard now and there is probably more steel in that vintage hopper as there is in most modern cars, nowadays!

I intend to remove the rust spots and repaint it later this year - whenever I run across any of that doggone precious spare time 2:
    Now, I do have a cardboard version of that....
    7b8c3c0da1f5f1a1da06b95663f5280e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom