• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    I've got a bunch of the 4 1/2" ones and they are pretty nice. Amazon is typically cheaper once you factor in shipping, unless you get it free from Cabelas but Amazon typically has them for 16ish shipped. The shallow one will hold over a case of shotgun so they can get pretty heavy and that's why I have never tried the deeper one.They do stack nicely and seem pretty durable. I've set 2 up as bug out cases and have a few boxes of my most popular ammo and some of my most popular mags so they are easy to grab N go.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    I also got a few back around the holidays and they are pretty nice for storing boxes of ammo. When full, however, they are quite heavy and unwieldy. Great for storage but I wouldn't be using them to lug ammo around. They do stack nicely as you suggest, so good for that. That said, I'm still glad I bought them. At the time, they were maybe $2 cheaper and with free shipping over a lower total than is being offered now.

I did not buy any of the larger variety as I expected them to just be too heavy so I cannot offer any feedback on those.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    Are these pretty sturdy? Does the bottom bow when you pick it up fully loaded?

I consider them sturdy. The tops and bottoms are "ridged" so that they can nest pretty securely. That gives them some ridgidity (word?, sp?). Just saying, though, even the smaller ones are pretty heavy fully loaded. You definitely need both handles. Like I said, I'd buy them again. Or, if I didn't say that, I should have.

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    Thanks gentlemen. I will try a couple for storing AR and AK mags.

With Cabela's free ship to store, I'll pick them up at Christiana on my next run up 95.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Thanks gentlemen. I will try a couple for storing AR and AK mags.

With Cabela's free ship to store, I'll pick them up at Christiana on my next run up 95.

My thoughts exactly. Hard to beat $14. I will have to measure and see if they will fit in my ammo storage space. If so it looks like I could store twice as much ammo in half the space as my traditional .50 cal ammo cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom