• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    Pretty new to competing, but really enjoying local level 1 USPSA. I was looking at the 2017 Delmarva Match at the Bullet Slingers, and saw its three days. How does that work? Do they cycle a ton of people through the same range and it takes three days, or do we all shoot every day for three days? Couldn't find a clear cut answer online. I only recently registered as a USPSA member, but figured you guys need someone to make you all look better, and you don't get better by sitting on the couch. Any thing special I need to qualify for a level 2 match?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    welcome to the fun!

guessing that match (most uspsa and idpa major matches) you pick a day and shoot. on some they even get you through it all in a morning or afternoon. some of the bigger 3 gun major matches you shoot a few stages each day over 2-3 days.

nothing special needed for a level 2 match (i think you have to be uspsa member but you already are). having shot some local matches you should be GTG. basically same thing but generally more stages and a little more complexity and higher round count.

Phoenixsm

Aug 29, 2010
    That match is a single-day format. Staff will shoot on Thursday. You pick which of the remaining 3 days you wish to shoot. Sunday's tend to be the day that the top shooters squad-up.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    That match is a single-day format. Staff will shoot on Thursday. You pick which of the remaining 3 days you wish to shoot. Sunday's tend to be the day that the top shooters squad-up.

Then I should stay far away from Sunday... I'm there to come in 300th.

Phoenixsm

Aug 29, 2010
    It is actually a great opportunity to learn from others

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    eh, the top shooters shoot when their schedule allows. at PSA shootout at least one of the top shooters in the USA shot on thursday. frankly normally the top guys already are squadded together so mere mortals like us ain't squadding with them anyways. and like above, it's good to squad with and watch the best guys shoot, you can pick up on things they do that help them shave time. if you have time, go up the day before and watch folks shoot the various stages, again a good learning experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom