• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    I’m looking for a new MZ scope for my Accura. I was shooting my Lyman GPR and Accura. I had a two inch group with hooded front sight and peep on the GPR. The Accura was over 8. I checked all of my mount screws and everything was tight. I also had this rifle giving me a 2” group at 100 yds when I sighted it in for CO elk hunt. The rifle shoots, abut now it doesn’t. Currently I have a 15 year old Banner on it. I’m thinking I might have to retire it. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a new scope? I would like to have at least 3” eye relief. I think 3.5”-4” would be better.

TIA
    Todd S

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I'm not a scope expert but I really like Swift scopes.I have an old 3x9 on my Rem ML and on two rifles have 4x12s and never had any problems.
    Had one Banner that took a crap after 3 shots on a shotgun.
    Saltzgiver in Hanover sells the Swifts btw

GSuders

Dec 13, 2017
    Keymar
    I had a Cabela's brand on my T/C Omega and it was okay for a few years than it would hold a group for 2-3 shots than slightly move. Took me a few years and few poor shots to figure it out. I replaced it with a Nikon scope and it's been fine ever since. Since Nikon no longer makes scopes I been putting Vortex Diamondback scopes on my rifles and so far have been pleased. I did buy a Burris Droptine to put on my .223. Could never get it to zero properly and ended up sending it back and bought another Vortex Diamondback and it shot in just fine.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I’m looking for a new MZ scope for my Accura. I was shooting my Lyman GPR and Accura. I had a two inch group with hooded front sight and peep on the GPR. The Accura was over 8. I checked all of my mount screws and everything was tight. I also had this rifle giving me a 2” group at 100 yds when I sighted it in for CO elk hunt. The rifle shoots, abut now it doesn’t. Currently I have a 15 year old Banner on it. I’m thinking I might have to retire it. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a new scope? I would like to have at least 3” eye relief. I think 3.5”-4” would be better.

TIA
    Todd S

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I killed a ton of deer with my Banner scope. Really, if you are shooting a standard(not smokeless) ML, any shotgun worthy scope will work. You can go with something with a BDC reticle, but you'll need to learn its dope marks. And keep in mind, BDCs only apply when the scope is in full zoom unless you never plan to alter your magnification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom