• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    All you guys talking about recoil pads. Is rifle! Should know when shooting! Slight pain for you, great pain for Germans!

I dunno, maybe I'm just a sucker for punishment.

:lol2: i can handle pain.. except that one shot w/ guthook's mosin.. got me on the shoulder bone! he said it was a reload w/ softer recoil but i think it was the hot one that he just made for me.:lol2:

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    The shoulder bruising I can take but I find that having the extra length on the stock really makes the accuracy improve a lot.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Lx1x I may be going to MG Friday morning, want to join me? I'll bring a few others for comparison.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Lx1x I may be going to MG Friday morning, want to join me? I'll bring a few others for comparison.
    Can't do it this friday. Have to work. Could have taken it off but had to take off yesterday due to back problems.

1969Vette

Jun 10, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Very nice. I just got mine last Tuesday (dated 1941). Field stripped, cleaned-out all the cosmoline, and prepped it up. The bolt action is smooth, hopefully I'll be able to shoot it for the first time tomorrow!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Very nice. I just got mine last Tuesday (dated 1941). Field stripped, cleaned-out all the cosmoline, and prepped it up. The bolt action is smooth, hopefully I'll be able to shoot it for the first time tomorrow!

:thumbsup:tomorrow will be the test run for mine also. Hopefully doesn't blow up on me. :D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    just got back from the range.. not bad for the first mosin... below is from 25yds.. arrow showing POA.. 20 shots.. (note.. got bad eye sight.. can hardly see the front post and target at the same time..need to practice more w/ iron sights.. lol)

Attachments

• 2011-06-18_10-48-00_835B copy.jpg
      2011-06-18_10-48-00_835B copy.jpg
      76.4 KB · Views: 52

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    just got back from the range.. not bad for the first mosin... below is from 25yds.. arrow showing POA.. 20 shots.. (note.. got bad eye sight.. can hardly see the front post and target at the same time..need to practice more w/ iron sights.. lol)

Nice! Time to start reloading for that puppy.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom