• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Just finished my AR project, figured I would share with everyone else. The AR was built by myself [ my first AR build] during the AR crisis of 2013 and I still managed to come in under 900.00.
    The lower is an ATI Omni : I figured I would give it a shot, I can replace later on if it breaks, but it seems very sturdy. SB281 does not apply to me [I'm moving] :o

The upper is a DSA with m4 feed ramps
    the barrel is a 1 -7 twist and is melonite coated [I heard FNC is harder than chrome]
    The suppressor is a fake, I just like it's looks, maybe down the road I will get some extra cash and more importantly, the patience, to wait for a tax stamp.
    The optic is a 4x fiber optic with backup battery powered reflex sight, a FACOG if you will. I will never pay acogs inflated prices, just my opinion. I do wish the scope had the chevron reticle, but no one was offering one, so I got the ballistic plex reticle
    The lower parts kit is a PSA
    The stock is a magpul ctr pts, so far I like it, but I have a mil spec stock if I wish to change it back.
    The bolt is a nickel boron shot peened, etc
    the 37mm launcher is a customized early model frame/ trigger group with modern barrel and the locking mech has been modified to fit my 6 inch shells.

The grenade launcher is a penn arms 37/38mm six shot with holo sight. The shells are all CTR and the loads vary but include tear gas, smoke, etc. No anti personal rounds until I file that tax stamp I want so bad. The bottom picture shows a couple of my smoke/ tear gas projectile bodies which I fuse, cap, and load. I really enjoy this hobby and urge others to try it out.

Last edited:

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    get them while they last, I can guarantee that they won't stay available for too much longer, word is that a prison got shut down and they sold off their inventory to a distributer, specifically post rock. Mine still has the prison labels intact, D2 control booth, but no mention of the actual institution :( They have been selling one a week for the last 8 months or so and are now scraping the bottom of the barrel, other distributers are looking to cash in and have been grabbing them up and trying to resell them for up to 1600 as penn arms and def tec do not sell publically. Having worked in the MD prison sytem, these are the exact same launchers my TAC team used.

Heres a link to get you started, hope it helps
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=350418719

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    no, but most stores that advertise on GB will still offer the item for sale through their storefronts. You could give them a call. Postrock starts their auctions at 600 for the 6 shots and I have seen them sell for as little as 790

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I will say that the mounts were the tricky part as I had to alter the front mount so the slip on mock suppressor would fit.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Stupid question... What are the rules regarding these? Says no ffl required in the auction so I'm curious.

The 37mm launcher is considered a signaling device and is not subject to firearms law unless it is used or if the owner possesses anti-personnel ammunition. If anti-personnel ammunition is used or possessed by owner, the launcher must have a Destructive device tax stamp.

Examples of anti-personnel ammunition would be baton rounds [foam or otherwise], buckshot or flechette rounds. Specifically any round designed to cause harm to a human. Also, any person found to use a 37mm launcher [even without using anti-personnel ammunition] in an offensive assault on a human [such as shooting aluminum hulled flares at people] could be found in violation of NFA laws governing Destructive devices.

A 37mm owner without a destructive device tax stamp can use flares, smoke rounds, teargas rounds, test rounds, wildlife control devices [bird bangers]*or fireworks rounds.
    The launchers and rounds are not considered firearms and can be possessed and sold as easily as any other flare launcher.

*bird bangers= a wildlife control device designed to use loud noise to scare flocks of birds away from ones property and or crops to prevent damage to said property. They use a black powder charge not to exceed 110 grains including the lift charge which is typically 55-60 grains which also contains no shrapnel. The outside container of the wildlife control device can not fragment, typically they are made of cardboard.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    generally in a way similar to construction of smoke grenade rounds, but with an irritant combined with the smoke mixture. As the smoke mixture burns, the generated smoke carries the irritant and disperses it into the air. This can be used with potassium nitrate sugar mix combined with fine cayenne red pepper, or it can be mixed with standard skylighter smoke powder. I prefer skylighter or ikaros emergency smoke powder as it is a much slower burn without the violent heat produced by KNO2.

Bradw410

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 11, 2012
    Easton
    generally in a way similar to construction of smoke grenade rounds, but with an irritant combined with the smoke mixture. As the smoke mixture burns, the generated smoke carries the irritant and disperses it into the air. This can be used with potassium nitrate sugar mix combined with fine cayenne red pepper, or it can be mixed with standard skylighter smoke powder. I prefer skylighter or ikaros emergency smoke powder as it is a much slower burn without the violent heat produced by KNO2.

That's pretty cool . I might be getting a havoc launcher once my build is completed

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    you can also purchase 37mm factory tear gas rounds on GB, but they sell for way more than their worth, I have seen above 50.00 per shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom