• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zethon

Dec 27, 2012
    I made an appointment for today for LiveScan figuring that if I got my fingerprints done with LiveScan that they would be on file for any future use -- after all, it's digital and it's not as though fingerprints can (really) change.

Well, I found out the hard way that that is not the case!

I was informed that once I did the LiveScan I had 72 hours to submit my Maryland CCW application! The guy who did my fingerprints pretty much told me "you're wasting your money" but I told him it was more of an exercise and something I wanted (needed?) to try.

But I hadn't been prepared. After I got my fingerprints done, I rushed home and filled out the app as best I could and then ran around trying to find a notary. My own bank closed for the day (apparently they can't open when it rains) but I was lucky enough to find one at another bank (and they didn't even charge!)

A quick stop at CVS for the photos, then to Staples to photocopy everything I sent in, including, per the advice of the former-cop who did my fingerprints, a copy of my Utah CCW completion certificate.

Once at the post office, I went ahead and paid for signature confirmation of the delivery of the application and paid for it to arrive by Friday.

I put as my GSR "self-defense and all lawful purposes". I'm sure this is an exercise in futility but I have to try. I can't wait to see what happens.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Good first post.

Let me guess, old guy at the MVA? I remember reading about a guy who was attempting to deter people from applying last March by telling them they were wasting their time and money (a true Patriot)

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]
    For your sake, I hope MSP returns your check. You might as well wait for the outcome of the court decision... and if G&S is removed from law, re-apply.

Although, if they do take your money... it will help in the skewed approval rate MSP brags about.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Good for you for trying.

I listened to everyone who told me I had a better chance of winning the lottery than getting CCW in MD.

I hope you're one of the chosen few.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Good for you for trying.

I listened to everyone who told me I had a better chance of winning the lottery than getting CCW in MD.

I hope you're one of the chosen few.

Can't win if you don't play! :innocent0

For all the Pre-stay folks who are blindly hoping and believing in a favorable outcome in the near future (say,.... like 2 more weeks), the same will go for anyone who happens to submit an app now,.... right?

zethon

Dec 27, 2012
    Yeah, it was an older guy at the Frederick MVA. He was nice.

It's like PJ said, you can't win if you don't play.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Yeah, it was an older guy at the Frederick MVA. He was nice.

I was being sarcastic. There were several reports of him (if it is him I am thinking of) telling people they were throwing their money away and MD would never change.
    :sad20:

Of course, as of right now, he was simply stating the FACTS of the situation.

johnnyu

Feb 21, 2013
    watching this.....

am watching this outcome. I already have my sights on just retiring and moving to Florida and say screw this state. Can't eat anything out of the Bay. Everyone I know has gotten cancer and died from Bay food. Cant carry. Cant fish except for sport and thats a ton of fees that dont go to anything....Maryland is looking pretty sucky.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Can't eat anything out of the Bay. Everyone I know has gotten cancer and died from Bay food.

Easy Brah', I've been putting away crabs since 1983, sometimes at a feverish pace through July and August.

I ain't dead yet!:o

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Don't believe all the haters.

Yes the system sucks, but if you play the game and push (or flex) the rules, you can still acquire a MD CHP.

Granted it may take you four to six months, but it is possible.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    If you state business owner as your Good Substantial Reason, must you have a registered business LLC or can it be mowing lawns/cutting trees and having an inventory of tools values at $4,000?

Will they check on your business?

Like they do on kids claiming a public school district, they check for a lived in bedroom.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There is still benefit for the greater good to provide more realistic stastics for disaprovals.

Under the *Old System* still in force as of today , Self Defense from normal citizen w/o extensive paper trail is as close as can come to zero. ( Of late business owner permits seem to be having more broad minded restrictions than other eras of the past.

As a wild card possability , possable Annapolis scenario is backroom dealmaking to have the Gov agree to Shall Issue in exchange for his Gun Saftey Act . ( I am not speculating on if this is a Good Thing , or if the deal should be taken, but it's an obvious possability ). If so then your app could be in the right place at the right time.

anil

Sep 28, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    As a wild card possability , possable Annapolis scenario is backroom dealmaking to have the Gov agree to Shall Issue in exchange for his Gun Saftey Act . ( I am not speculating on if this is a Good Thing , or if the deal should be taken, but it's an obvious possability ). If so then your app could be in the right place at the right time.

With G&S still in the courts, that would be a good deal for MOM and a bad deal for us; but maybe the politicos with 2A constituencies will be stupid enough to fall for it; or use it to attempt to survive a re-election if they vote for the GSA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom