• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    Great Story and Sweet Gun....You are so right about SW I have a place in Jax and they are my Go To people.I got a Ruger LC9 there over the Xmas Holiday for $329 + tax OTD with no waiting period.Nice to be a Citizen instead of a Subject!!

WCCanoe2

Feb 8, 2012
    Dear Circleshooter,

What a great story and love the shotgun. I was trained to shoot by my father was was Marine. He passed away a year ago and I am now planning on joining the ranks of sporting clay enthusiasts. Just happens that after months of research I have landed on C. Guerini shotguns and currently trying to make a decision between a Summit Limited Sporting and a Magnus Sporting (new gun). I am one of those guys who intends to split his time between hunting and sporting clays and more heavily on sporting clays. I am looking for a 30" 1 gauge. You mentioned that you had a friend in FL that was a dealer I would be interested in speaking with him is possible. Nice thing about buying out of state is no sales tax.

Lastly, live in Howard County and looking for the best place to go for sporting clays -- any suggestions. Thanks again.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Dear Circleshooter,

What a great story and love the shotgun. I was trained to shoot by my father was was Marine. He passed away a year ago and I am now planning on joining the ranks of sporting clay enthusiasts. Just happens that after months of research I have landed on C. Guerini shotguns and currently trying to make a decision between a Summit Limited Sporting and a Magnus Sporting (new gun). I am one of those guys who intends to split his time between hunting and sporting clays and more heavily on sporting clays. I am looking for a 30" 1 gauge. You mentioned that you had a friend in FL that was a dealer I would be interested in speaking with him is possible. Nice thing about buying out of state is no sales tax.

Lastly, live in Howard County and looking for the best place to go for sporting clays -- any suggestions. Thanks again.

Well, as I stated my gun was purchased at Amelia Shotgun Sports in Florida. At the facility the guns are sold by John Woolley. You can go to his website and see what he sells and find his contact information:

http://www.woolleyshooting.com/

Unfortunately, John isn't going to ship the gun directly to you in MD. He will have to ship it to a licensed FFL here and you'll fill out the NICS check at the FFL here when it arrives. While you won't pay sales tax in Florida, I expect the FFL here will charge $50 to do the transfer and you'll have to pay shipping.

I'm not sure what prices would be here on those guns. I've only seen Caesar Guerini shotguns in two places in MD - Bart's Sports World in Glen Burnie and Albright's in Easton - and I was never in a serious position to purchase one so I never really talked actual pricing. Woolley had my gun marked at $4,995.00 (with an MSRP of $5,150.00) and he sold it to us for $4,500 plus tax which made it out the door at $4,815.00.

In any case, I'd check out Jack Bart's place and see what his pricing would be. I'm sure others will add other places as well. If you could get the same pricing in MD, I'd probably get it here. I like to have a person to talk to for any after-sale issues. Plus - for something in this price range I want to pick it out myself. I want to see the wood for myself before committing to buy.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    Wonderful story and beautiful shotgun!

I don't know how I missed this thread on Monday, but I'm glad it came back up today. Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom