• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    There was an incident a year or so ago, discussed here, in which a guy was open carrying in a store, and someone snatched his gun and shot him with it. I think the victim chased the thief out of the store, where he was shot.
    Yep, that was a thug, with a handgun in the waistband of his sweats. It was taken by another thug. So let me be clearer....
    Please how us ANY stories where a non-LEO, or non-Thug, open carrying and was the first one shot.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Many have been disarmed, though.
    Less than 1/10 of 1% of those that legally carry, get disarmed. Most of the videos out there are of thugs being disarmed by other thugs, because they aren't paying attention.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yep, that was a thug, with a handgun in the waistband of his sweats. It was taken by another thug. So let me be clearer....
    Please how us ANY stories where a non-LEO, or non-Thug, open carrying and was the first one shot.
    Well, we carry just in case we need it. The same for concealing, so you aren't the first one shot while OC'ing.

People never learn.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

Link?

That's really all I'm asking for. There is an entire thread about the incident on MDS somewhere.

I don't recall it being "thug on thug." Why does it matter?

Anyway, I don't give a damn. Unlike some, I'm not grinding an axe.

I'm sorry if I upset any members of the Church of Open Carry. I don't mean to challenge anyone's religion.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Along with, the still prevelant, BGOS.

I sure hope you're not referring to me. My posts do not support such an assumption.

Your posts do give the impression of a religious zealot who thinks his faith is challenged, though.

And what difference does it make if it happens to thug or a Law Abiding Permit Holder?

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    They guy in the white shorts was the thumbnail for Colion's video on OC, but he didn't include in the video. I thought I remember seeing a video of the white-shorts guy losing his gun to some other fellow's sticky fingers, but I can't find it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    OPeN carRY IS jUsT FInE.
    7cacfd90c24c2497e9cbc165f609db40.jpg

bratgirllcp

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Grasonville MD
    Long time lurker, first time poster.

I live in Michigan but got the Maryland Wear & Carry permit (as they issue to non-residents). This past weekend I was actually in Maryland for a family event and this was also the first time I’d be able to legally carry in Maryland. With SB 1 nuking Open Carry come October, I wanted to FULLY use the privileges that come with my permit. So I drove to Downtown Baltimore (where the Harbor is) to open carry.

My fit was a red t-shirt, red shorts, a Glock 17, and a level 2 retention OC holster. Aside from the fact I’m white and in moderately good shape, there is no conceivable way I could be confused for a cop or security guard.

I did this on Saturday and downtown was PACKED. Tens of thousands of people were walking around the harbor, driving cars, etc. There were even a lot of special events going on that roads were closed for. Fully preparing to be stopped I already had Pre-loaded on my phone all of MD’s gun laws along with Baltimore City’s local laws.

I was walking around aimlessly for about an hour walking all over the busy downtown and even entering several businesses. Notably:

- I passed 4 LEO either on foot or in patrol vehicles
    - Baltimore PD Helicopter that was circling above
    - 1 guy stopped me thinking I was a security guard
    - 1 guy stopped me thinking I was an off-duty cop

However, not once was I stopped & detained by a police officer.

This goes to show that all the huffing and puffing about “if we allow people to open carry it will send people running for the hills” is complete and utter bs. No one cares, cops included.

Just wanted to share my experience with you all and if you ever thought about open carrying in Baltimore City but were too scared your fears are illegitimate and unfounded. Exercise your right to open carry before it becomes outlawed in October.
    wow Thankyou for sharing

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Along with, the still prevelant, BGOS.

Bottom line on that is, they are actually out to get us, prosecute, fine, jail of they can get away with it, and remove our 2A rights forever.

Discretion is the better part of valor, or so I've heard.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    - I passed 4 LEO either on foot or in patrol vehicles
    - Baltimore PD Helicopter that was circling above
    - 1 guy stopped me thinking I was a security guard
    - 1 guy stopped me thinking I was an off-duty cop

However, not once was I stopped & detained by a police officer.
    Two total strangers stop you, out of blue, to ask if you're a security guard, or an off-duty cop.

Seems unlikely, but perhaps

Your three threads come off as unusual for a brand new person

Shine box is 50/50

avsterbone

Aug 27, 2023
    Michigan
    Two total strangers stop you, out of blue, to ask if you're a security guard, or an off-duty cop.

Seems unlikely, but perhaps

Your three threads come off as unusual for a brand new person

Shine box is 50/50
    What part of "Long time Lurker, first-time poster" did you not understand? Here are some other places you can find me where I have a LOT of rep:

What part of "Long time Lurker, first-time poster" did you not understand? Here are some other places you can find me where I have a LOT of rep:

SOTAR is active on this forum with the screen name "Clandestine".

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter

You lost me with wearing red and red. That's asking for trouble IMO. Wear what you want, IDC.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Link?

That's really all I'm asking for. There is an entire thread about the incident on MDS somewhere.

I don't recall it being "thug on thug." Why does it matter?

Anyway, I don't give a damn. Unlike some, I'm not grinding an axe.

I'm sorry if I upset any members of the Church of Open Carry. I don't mean to challenge anyone's religion.
    The link was in the discussion, I haven't found the discussion, but I haven't been looking for it either. I figured if you were interested you would look for it.

Thug on thug firearm theft, used to prove open carry is dangerous is disingenious in my opinion (for whatever that is worth).

I'm not really grinding an ax, I'm just tired of people repeating stuff that doesn't happen as much as they think it does. It is on the level of the anti-gunners using mass shooting to defend taking semi-automatic rifles, when the stats show that handguns are used in way more mass shootings than rifles.

Not directed at you, but those that keep repeating that "OC makes you the first target" need to back that up with a cite or cites of a citizen exercising his 2A Rights legally, that has been the first one shot in an incident because he was open carrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom