• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Well poof guys, here she is, my first gun! Springfield Armory XD 9mm Service

Halloween002.jpg

Picked her up this morning from K3silk, then spent the rest of the day trying to find ammo to fire her.

Biting the bullet, I shelled out the cash to buy ammo from Shore Sportsman, after going to a couple of Walmarts to find you guys had already cleaned them all out. $20 a box kinda hurt, but damn did I want to shoot it today, and shoot it I did! Feels great, shoots great, and no recoil that I even felt. I love this gun!

Now back to K3silk, if you guys every get a chance to purchase something from him, go for it quick. He was helpful to me the whole time, and even met with me in Annapolis today, after 495 scared the living hell out of me when I went up to Rockville to do the paper work a couple weeks ago. He is a great guy, and doesn't hesitate to answer your questions. Thanks again man, this gun is fantastic!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Congrats, look online for ammo.

Aimsurplus.com
    JGsales.com

if you can aafford to buy bulk, it makes for cheaper shooting.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Nice choice. I personally have the XD subcompact, but I am remarkably accurate with it. These are great little guns and a good first choice weapon... mine has never failed to cycle, feed, or fire. It's a definite go to gun.

Mark

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Are those 18 rd mags?

According to one site the factory 9mm XD mags are 16 rounds and the 9mm XDm mags are 19 rounds but Mec-Gar makes an 18 round 9mm XD mag.

To the OP, buy spare mags. A semi auto without mags is an awkward single shot if the mags fails.

I try to buy at least 10 mags for each pistol unless we are talking about a specialty gun or a safe queen. A SIG P210 would only get a maybe two mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom