• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMCometh

Jan 20, 2010
    Fallston
    Hey everyone. I've been a member on here for a few years now, but tend to read a whole lot more than I post. With that said, I figured I'd come on and post my AR build and possibly gain some more knowledge in the process. Anyways...I hope you all enjoy.

The day I brought the rifle home:

b7ght2.jpg

A little more than three years later:

r1fqsj.jpg

2lk41nd.jpg

2j2du9s.jpg

xpvtyf.jpg

Current Setup:

• RRA Entry Tactical
    • Centurion Arms 10" C4 Quad Rail
    • Troy Industries Front and Rear Folding Sights
    • Magpul STR Stock
    • LaRue Tactical Low Profile Gas Block

Better Photos On The Way!!!

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I picked up a RRA mid length upper a few weeks ago and put in on my PSA lower. What BCG came with it? Mine did not have an M16 BCG, thought the whole arrangement was a bit shoddy. Wondering if they swapped my BCG for a cheap one.

GMCometh

Jan 20, 2010
    Fallston
    I picked up a RRA mid length upper a few weeks ago and put in on my PSA lower. What BCG came with it? Mine did not have an M16 BCG, thought the whole arrangement was a bit shoddy. Wondering if they swapped my BCG for a cheap one.

Mine came with their standard, non-chromed semi-auto bcg.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State

Was it from RRA or another company like PK Firearms? What was "shoddy" about it? I am waiting for an upper from RRA and appreciate any insight.

Lordkintner

Jan 20, 2013
    I've got the same question as JR88, I'm about to order a LAR-8 upper, are there anythings I should lookout for?

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    i ordered one from rra through my ffl earlier this year and they sent it to me missing the quad rail and upgraded stock. my ffl was pretty much like well, i dont know but i can send it back if you want... with no solution to the fact that i paid for options i never received.

The rifle was ordered in sept 2012 and received the end of jan 2013. I dunno if timing played a part on them just sending it out the door so to speak or what. They took the email down off the website and werent answering calls either so i was up a certain creek with no paddle.

i love the rifle but next time ill order a base gun and do it myself as i have done with this one.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    i ordered one from rra through my ffl earlier this year and they sent it to me missing the quad rail and upgraded stock. my ffl was pretty much like well, i dont know but i can send it back if you want... with no solution to the fact that i paid for options i never received.

The rifle was ordered in sept 2012 and received the end of jan 2013. I dunno if timing played a part on them just sending it out the door so to speak or what. They took the email down off the website and werent answering calls either so i was up a certain creek with no paddle.

i love the rifle but next time ill order a base gun and do it myself as i have done with this one.

Sorry to hear this, I am waiting on an order from April. I have a complete RRA I bought years ago from Atlantic, it has been a great rifle and I am hoping the quality is still there, or it will go back.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Was it from RRA or another company like PK Firearms? What was "shoddy" about it? I am waiting for an upper from RRA and appreciate any insight.

Nothing really about the upper itself. The carrier was NOT full M16, and the bolt is having a lot of trouble when its inserted into the carrier.

My concern is that it was sold as a "complete" upper, and that the Gun Broker dealer swapped out the RRA BCG with a cheaper one.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Nothing really about the upper itself. The carrier was NOT full M16, and the bolt is having a lot of trouble when its inserted into the carrier.

My concern is that it was sold as a "complete" upper, and that the Gun Broker dealer swapped out the RRA BCG with a cheaper one.

You probably weren't ripped off. RRA doesn't ship their rifles with the M16 carriers.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GMCometh

Jan 20, 2010
    Fallston
    i sure hope you don't store it in that case long-term.

I will not be. It actually calls a liberty safe home and is there now.

I am taking a trip to my family's upstate NY property next weekend and wanted to cut the case foam and test fit everything before I leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom