• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    I'd buy that if it didn't have the safety and exposed hammer.

Seems weird to me?

The safety was a bit weird for me. This will make a great training gun for folks who want to learn on something a little more 'real world' than a .22. I guess it is good for that.

That being said, setting it to safe and pulling the trigger is the only way to release the hammer. So I'm glad its there ;)

I will likely still purchase a holster for it. It is the perfect size for carrying (at least to me).

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    I finally have an update. I've had the PK out a few times since my last post.

As I mentioned before, too much oil caused me major problems the first times I had it out. After cleaning excess oil up it functions like a champ. I had it out twice with no problems (a couple hundred rounds).
    I cleaned it again and let it a little wet after the Fall Shoot. When I got it out yesterday, it failed to extract a few times. I broke it down and wiped every bit of oil I could see out of it. I had no problems the rest of the day.

So the PK380 requires a good cleaning and wiped completely clean. If cleaned properly it functions like a champ.

I've attached one of my targets from yesterday. Seven yards and eight shots. If you can't find the 8th look at the bottom of the target at the word USA. Not sure what happened there.

pk380target.jpg

So moral of the story. I really like the PK380. Great gun and I really recommend it to anyone looking for a good training gun that is a step between a .22 and 9mm. It is also easily concealed and could be a great carry (or for backup purposes).

jtarpley59

live free or die
    Jan 6, 2010
    Churchton
    I bought one for my girl and she had it at the fall shoot put a hundred rounds down range without a problem it shot strait too not sure how different one gun is from the next sorry to hear about the problems you are having.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    I bought one for my girl and she had it at the fall shoot put a hundred rounds down range without a problem it shot strait too not sure how different one gun is from the next sorry to hear about the problems you are having.

I wouldn't say problems. Learning experiences is more like it ;)

Not sure if you've read all the posts or just the original but I'm happy quite with it overall.

j.krom

Mar 25, 2011
    Magazines?!?!

I am at a loss trying to find another mag for my PK380, does anyone know who is not out of stock or back ordered????

I had the same issues out of the box with my PK also, misfiring and oil squirting everywhere hahaha. My husband took apart and cleaned the whole thing and were back in business. It shoots great now.

Also, any ammo recommendations? Brand, place to buy in bulk??

Thanks for the help, I really liked this original post. It was cool to know i wasn't the only one with the oil issues.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    I put PMC bronze through mine. I got it online from either cheaperthandirt or palmetto state armory.

I got my spare mags at the Chantilly gun show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom