My review of the basic Hellcat (not the pro)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I could definitely see where the grip texture could cause issues. The shape itself isn't all that grippy, the side panels are kinda flat, the finger grooves are more style than functional, it's decently comfortable, but not much from the shape alone to lock into the grip. The texture is different than most, kind of grainy, but kinda slippery with a light grip. Makes sense being it's basically mild stippling with flattened points. Thing is hold it loose, and it's slippery, you have to hold it tight to get any grip. Compared to Sig's P365, that has a little sharper texture and a better handle shape, and IMO feels easier to control. Sig also has aftermaret grip modules, Wilson's is popular and the large texture and stippling is really grippy. Still, the Hellcat texture is an easy fix with Talon grips, I use them on a couple slippery pistols and they work well. I like the rubberized grips vs the skateboard tape grips.

I do agree with going with standard pressure 124gr 9mm. Less flash/bang/recoil than +p, and not all that different performance, especially in short barrels. IMO if you want better performance than 124gr, better off going to 147 instead of 124+p.

Last edited:

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I'm not sure about the rubber grip on my shirt that keeps the gun covered when I stand from a seated position. I was drawn to the Hellcat by the capacity and an urge to buy a new gun. Not sure I made the right choice. Do you have an opinion on Talon grips on my undershirt and my cover shirt getting snagged and yank around? Thanks for your input so far.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm not sure about the rubber grip on my shirt that keeps the gun covered when I stand from a seated position. I was drawn to the Hellcat by the capacity and an urge to buy a new gun. Not sure I made the right choice. Do you have an opinion on Talon grips on my undershirt and my cover shirt getting snagged and yank around? Thanks for your input so far.
    Talon grips aren't that rubbery to really snag on cloth. Never an issue.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Talon grips aren't that rubbery to really snag on cloth. Never an issue.
    seconded, they are textured hard rubber, not really tacky/sticky, good grip for relatively mild texture. They have 2 types, textured rubber, and granulate/sandpaper. The sandpaper grips are a lot grippier, but they can snag clothing, and scuff things like watches or rings.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    seconded, they are textured hard rubber, not really tacky/sticky, good grip for relatively mild texture. They have 2 types, textured rubber, and granulate/sandpaper. The sandpaper grips are a lot grippier, but they can snag clothing, and scuff things like watches or rings.
    Yep--this^^^^ Had the sandpaper like ones on a G17. After a couple classes changed it out for the rubber-- no issues since. Use the same Talon rubber grip on my 43x that is my usual carry gun--- no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom