• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Superreverb

Aug 29, 2009
    Western HoCo
    The Family and I spent the day at my Mom's house today. I decide to look in the safe and see what was in there that was mine. Before he died, The Old Man would call me up and say, "Hey, you comin' over today? Pick me up a few packs of smokes......... and bring me your (insert gun here) to play with, 'kay?"

Click....

One of the guns he asked me to bring (probably back in '07) was my B-grade Sportsman 48: 2-barrel set (both barrels numbered to the gun), nice wood. I open the safe and Boy-twin and I start feeling the gun-sleeves trying to figure out what each one holds. The third one I tried was familiar - it was my 48!!! Took her out, gave her a rub down with Rem-Oil and packed her up to come home.

Better pics will be shot tomorrow. This is the only one I have of her for now:

IMG_5449%20copy.jpg

I also found my old Winchester 69A, but that'll get posted up in the rimfire forum, along with Dad's .22 ammo collection (really neat stuff. He collected gun oil cans and bottles, too)

The only thing better than finding money in the pocket of an old pair of jeans is finding a gun that you'd totally forgotten about :D

Superreverb

Aug 29, 2009
    Western HoCo
    That's a beautiful gun! Is that a Cutts Compensator on it?

Yes, it's a factory installed Cutts. Whoever ordered the gun years and years back must have specified that he wanted a 28" Modified bbl and a 24" bbl with a Cutts Comp to be provided with the gun. Both bbls have factory ribs, as well.

She's my second favorite 20-ga, after the Parker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom