• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    What a day.

First and foremost, I met a TON of people today. It was the best part of the day. Just meeting folks. I apologize if I didn't spend much time talking to all of you. I was going in about 20 different directions for most of the day. Thanks to everyone who came up to say "hi." I guess if you post 1.5k times in 3 months, people start recognizing your screen name haha.

Thank you to everyone who came down today. Thank you to everyone who came down on another day, visited delegates, testified, called, emailed, faxed or stirred the drink in any other manner.

Having said all of that. SHIT. SHITTY SHIT SHIT SHIT. I had to leave at 6pm and when I read about the BS that happened and that they passed it... it took the wind out of my sails.

Temporarily.

Here is the deal folks. When I played sports, someone taught me something that I try to keep with me. if you lose... you can be as PISSED as you want to be until midnight. After that, STFU and move on. If you WIN? Celebrate til midnight, STFU and prepare for the next one.

So be pissed. Express your anger. Get it out of your system. Because tomorrow... tomorrow we go back to work.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    There is a lot of battered gun owner syndrome going around right now, everyone keep your heads up and stay in the game.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Brian,

Have you had any word or thoughts of trying to do an unconventional "Group Buy" of a few dozen of us going to the board of elections and getting voter registration training? Getting into the community and using it 1) to spread the MDS, MSI word and 2) to get people registered to vote? I did it years ago and it was easy to do, just required time to go out in the world and make it happen?

Mark

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    Here is the deal folks. When I played sports, someone taught me something that I try to keep with me. if you lose... you can be as PISSED as you want to be until midnight. After that, STFU and move on. If you WIN? Celebrate til midnight, STFU and prepare for the next one.

So be pissed. Express your anger. Get it out of your system. Because tomorrow... tomorrow we go back to work.

I agree. My blood is boiling right now though :mad54: I am on call tonight and fortunately it is not to busy because I feel like the school dweeb just ran up and kicked me in my nuts

Mr H

Banana'd
    A lot of hung heads when I needed to head out...

But the people I talked to were trying to keep positive.

Several people helped us by chipping in (sorry I don't know their names) for pizza to feed all the good people who showed up and took time out of their lives to fight for their Rights.

Nic Kipke made a point to stop by and thank people, as did Justin Ready's aide.

I heard several folks talk about coming back for Tuesday.

Don't give up.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Brian,

Have you had any word or thoughts of trying to do an unconventional "Group Buy" of a few dozen of us going to the board of elections and getting voter registration training? Getting into the community and using it 1) to spread the MDS, MSI word and 2) to get people registered to vote? I did it years ago and it was easy to do, just required time to go out in the world and make it happen?

Mark

I'm writing that one down. I'll send it up the flagpole and see if it flys.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    We've known all along that our best chance here was in the courts. The resistance we've managed in the legislature is all a bonus realistically.

I also met a few new folks today. Always nice to put faces to the names here. Oh and big kudos to Brian for getting things done with MSP today(namely the extra chairs).:thumbsup::party29:

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    What a day.

First and foremost, I met a TON of people today. It was the best part of the day. Just meeting folks. I apologize if I didn't spend much time talking to all of you. I was going in about 20 different directions for most of the day. Thanks to everyone who came up to say "hi." I guess if you post 1.5k times in 3 months, people start recognizing your screen name haha.

Thank you to everyone who came down today. Thank you to everyone who came down on another day, visited delegates, testified, called, emailed, faxed or stirred the drink in any other manner.

Having said all of that. SHIT. SHITTY SHIT SHIT SHIT. I had to leave at 6pm and when I read about the BS that happened and that they passed it... it took the wind out of my sails.

Temporarily.

1.5 K post in 3 months...lol

I remember that post when someone accused you of being a troll. I think you have proved yourself! Thanks for all of the hard work

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    I admire your dedication and work occbrian. I agree with your statement. It's ok to be angry but not for too long, that wont solve anything. We need to understand what happened, keep moving forward and keep trying. It's not over.

Smagel

Hey, hey, my, my
    Jul 20, 2011
    Freddy's Store
    Darkest before the dawn, folk.

Keep your powder dry.

Never give up, never surrender.

Cliches, yes, but cliches are cliches because they're true.

Be pissed, be mad, take some time to vent and share your pain with friends, then come back ready to retake our ground, then take theirs.

Long view, long view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom